Dance class

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Equinox

I joined a dance class today, and even managed to drag along an acquiantance (friend of a friend). That alone, for me, is outstanding.

It turned out to be a small class, with just five other people plus my acquaintance and I, and it was so much fun! We're learning choreography with musical songs, and of course everyone in the class are musical geeks like myself. Big plus.

After the class I even managed to socialize a bit with three of the others girls, as we shared the bus back into the city centre. For a few moments I almost felt like a normal girl, doing girly stuff with other normal girls (and one boy). In a way it was sort of absurd, but also refreshing, and a very positive experience. I'm already looking forward to next Tuesday.

Also, just learning dance steps is great fun and such a good workout. I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a new activity to try out. :)

Yes, dancing is fun. I hope that you have fun next Tuesday. Once you begin picking up the "eight" count sequence it will be so easy to pick up the choreography.

Equinox said:
I joined a dance class today, and even managed to drag along an acquiantance (friend of a friend). That alone, for me, is outstanding.

It turned out to be a small class, with just five other people plus my acquaintance and I, and it was so much fun! We're learning choreography with musical songs, and of course everyone in the class are musical geeks like myself. Big plus.

After the class I even managed to socialize a bit with three of the others girls, as we shared the bus back into the city centre. For a few moments I almost felt like a normal girl, doing girly stuff with other normal girls (and one boy). In a way it was sort of absurd, but also refreshing, and a very positive experience. I'm already looking forward to next Tuesday.

Also, just learning dance steps is great fun and such a good workout. I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a new activity to try out. :)

Well done! Very impressive.

I keep wanting to do Salsa, but the whole "needing a partner" thing fills me with dread to be honest :(

Wow, congrats!!

Solitary Man, I used to take salsa classes and I never went with a partner. I would go by myself. During each class the men & women would rotate between each other so the participants didn't need to come with partners. It was a ton of fun!

Teresa

Thanks, you guys. I actually feel somewhat proud and accomplished by doing this. Is that silly?

I've also been happy to discover there's a Scottish country dance group in the city, and now I'm pondering joining them next year. It's been 6 years since last time, when I lived in Scotland, and I feel that's way too long.

Basically, I think my will to live is improving. My therapist will be happy to hear this. :D

That is lovely :D I, too, have been thinking about joining a dance class.

(SHADDUP MINTYMINT. >.> )

Indeed, not only do you not usually need a partner, but dance classes are often good places to find partners. They are essentially conducive to physical chemistry.

SofiasMami said:
Wow, congrats!!

Solitary Man, I used to take salsa classes and I never went with a partner. I would go by myself. During each class the men & women would rotate between each other so the participants didn't need to come with partners. It was a ton of fun!

Teresa

Ah, thanks Teresa, that makes me feel a lot more like trying it :)

We shall see if I'm this bold in 3 weeks' time when the classes actually start :D

Latest posts

Back