The Best Places To Meet Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I don't do anything to draw attention to myself, but I don't go out of my way to avoid people either.
What does your walk and stance say about you through? Do you hunch your shoulders or do you stand up straight and "walk tall"? There's also a very fine line before confidence and arrogance, both in talking and body language. Do you smile at people or anything like that? There are so many things one to do to become more approachable. But like I stated on another thread, it could have something to do with the type of people where you live.

What does your walk and stance say about you through? Do you hunch your shoulders or do you stand up straight and "walk tall"? There's also a very fine line before confidence and arrogance, both in talking and body language. Do you smile at people or anything like that? There are so many things one to do to become more approachable. But like I stated on another thread, it could have something to do with the type of people where you live.

I'm not sure I've ever really analysed my walk and stance too much....but no, I don't smile at complete strangers on the street. I tend to keep to myself.

No one's experiences are comparable to someone else's (as I stated before) because no one is the same person. They don't handle things in the same way. But, rejection is rejection, regardless of the form in comes in. Saying someone can't understand, based on gender, is what I have a problem with. As for a father rejecting you, yeah, had that too and no, it's not the "same," but it's still rejection. Being rejected in a romantic relationship type situation, though, regardless of gender is likely to be similar to another person, depending on how those people choose to handle that rejection. Before and after my marriage, I tolerated rejection quite well with no adverse reactions. My marriage, however, was entirely different because of the emotional abuse involved, because of the outlook I had on life and myself thanks to that abuse. So, what I'm trying to say here is that regardless of gender or situation or whatever, rejection in a romantic situation, whether asking someone out or already being in a relationship IS, in a way "comparable" depending how you're outlook on life is and how you choose to handle it.

I never said you can't understand because of gender. I'm saying you can't understand because you never experienced the type of rejection that I do when I approach. Now, the reason why you never experienced it may be because of gender. Because like I said before, guys are still expected to approach more than women are, so they are going to experience these types of rejections more. But if you're just going to continue to say that all rejection is the same, then I will just agree to disagree. If that is what you truly believe, then I guess I would be able to speak and have an understanding on the rejection you faced in your marriage even though I've never been in that situation myself. Correct?

Sorry, but I just reread all my responses in this thread and I can't find where I said you were making it out to be worse than it is. The problem with different people discussing topics like this is that you are going to read responses and interpret things in the way YOU (generalized you, not you you) think. I don't think like you, I don't interpret things like you, so there are bound to be problems in that regard. The same can be said for me. I'm going to interpret things said in the way I see them, not necessarily the way you see them.

Here is your exact quote:

"And no, I have no issue with most men, just the ones that blame others and try to make their situation so much worse because us evil womens couldn't possibly understand anything that a precious man might endure. "

Now you might come back and say you were talking about men in general, and not me specifically, but it's pretty clear to me who you were referring to.

As for guys being "expected" to be the ones to approach, that has just as much to do with guys as it does girls. A lot of guys see girls approaching as...."wrong" for lack of a better word, so a lot of girls are not going to do this because it will make them be seen as "too forward" or "sluts" or "gold diggers." So if you want that to change, you are going to have to go after the views of men, just as much as the views of women. But, a lot of women DO ask men out and a lot of those women DO get rejections. And then other women don't ask men out because some men want a "beautiful, super model" woman on their arm and if you are anything less, they will laugh at you or look at you in disgust. I've seen it done many time. Not to me, but to others. I've heard how guys talk about such women.

It is what it is. Would it be nice for women to approach guys as well? Sure, for a more introverted guy like myself, it would make my life easier. But I don't expect it to change, nor am I demanding it to.

I never said you hate women, I said you seem to have disdain for women. There's a difference.

Now we are just getting into semantics. Either way, I consider what you're saying personal attacks on my character.

I wouldn't have said I was genuinely interested if I wasn't. I'm glad it has helped in personal development. EVERYONE should be working on themselves, whether they are successful in life or not because EVERYONE has things they could work on. However, I was specifically talking about romantically. It hasn't helped that much, so do you maybe think that the advice you are getting is not as "good" as you think it is? To repeat something I've said before, I will never understand why men go to other guys to get information how on to get dates instead of going to the gender that they want to date. Do you honestly not think a woman will give you better advice on what women look for than guys?

Well, considering the thousands of hours I've watched on youtube over the last decade about dating advice, and the countless books I've read, I am sure I've received just as much bad advice as good advice. As far as giving better advice, I think both men and women can give good advice. Just depends. You're acting like I said I only take advice from men.

Nowadays, there’s a lot of attractive, new dating coaches popping up on social media: Courtney Ryan, Dating By Blaine, Lloyd, ACE formula, Everlasting Confidence, and plenty more. Chances are, if a person is considered an expert in the field or has a huge following, I've watched their stuff, whether male or female. But with so much stuff out there, it is hard to discern who is actually giving good advice and who isn't.

If that is what you truly believe, then I guess I would be able to speak and have an understanding on the rejection you faced in your marriage even though I've never been in that situation myself. Correct?
An understanding yes. You may not know the experience personally, but you would have an understanding of it. As I said, rejection is rejection. It's all a matter of how that rejection is handled, not the type of rejection, IMO.

Here is your exact quote:

"And no, I have no issue with most men, just the ones that blame others and try to make their situation so much worse because us evil womens couldn't possibly understand anything that a precious man might endure. "

Now you might come back and say you were talking about men in general, and not me specifically, but it's pretty clear to me who you were referring to.
It may be clear to you because you are interpreting it the way you want to. Given the nature of this forum, however, there are a lot of guys who have said these exact things. I was not speaking directly to you... BUT some of the things you've said indicate that women are to blame. That said, no, you have never said women are evil and I don't think you believe that.

It is what it is. Would it be nice for women to approach guys as well? Sure, for a more introverted guy like myself, it would make my life easier. But I don't expect it to change, nor am I demanding it to.
Not all women are comfortable approaching guys. It could come down to location and/or what type of women you are looking to attract. Not to mention body language, actions and the way you talk and also who you hang around with. If you are going out with a group of guys, you are less likely to be approached.

Now we are just getting into semantics. Either way, I consider what you're saying personal attacks on my character.
It's not semantics. Disdain and hatred are entirely different words. Whether you intend it to or not, sometimes your words do make it seem like you don't respect women.

Look, you've misinterpreted things I've said and I've done the same. So yeah, perhaps it's time to agree to disagree.

An understanding yes. You may not know the experience personally, but you would have an understanding of it. As I said, rejection is rejection. It's all a matter of how that rejection is handled, not the type of rejection, IMO.

It may be clear to you because you are interpreting it the way you want to. Given the nature of this forum, however, there are a lot of guys who have said these exact things. I was not speaking directly to you... BUT some of the things you've said indicate that women are to blame. That said, no, you have never said women are evil and I don't think you believe that.

Not all women are comfortable approaching guys. It could come down to location and/or what type of women you are looking to attract. Not to mention body language, actions and the way you talk and also who you hang around with. If you are going out with a group of guys, you are less likely to be approached.

It's not semantics. Disdain and hatred are entirely different words. Whether you intend it to or not, sometimes your words do make it seem like you don't respect women.

Look, you've misinterpreted things I've said and I've done the same. So yeah, perhaps it's time to agree to disagree.

If I were blaming women, I wouldn't have been trying to improve myself for the last decade. But anyhow, yeah, I will just agree to disagree on the rest cause this isn't really going anywhere.

OK. I'm in a midtown Manhattan bar right now. Should I cold approach a female? LMK team...

NM.

Was being a drunk d**k with this post.
Apologies...

Last edited:
OK. I'm in a midtown Manhattan bar right now. Should I cold approach a female? LMK team...
Go up to a lady and politely ask her, "excuse me, do you know the average weight of a polar bear?" Then she will say, "Uhmmm, no, I don't." Then you say, "Hmm, I was just wondering if you knew. My guess would be, enough to break the ice."

:LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back