Watching Movies and Playing Games Over and Over Again.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak5

Reaction score
Do some of you usually watch movies over and over again or play the same video games over and over again?

I found myself watching movies over and over again that at one point I remember all the lines! I also play the same games that I usually remember the lines on them as well. But I have good memory so I don't know lol.

Out of the many movies I have, I usually watch Star Wars Episode V and VI. I also usually play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I and II) and several First person shooters on my Xbox.

What about you guys?

Yup.

Generally every time I watch a movie again or play a game again, or even read a book again.. I learn something new and I look at it in new ways. It's never the same experience for me.

Personally, I think that people who can't stand to watch/do the same thing over again are simply not looking deeply enough into what they're watching/doing.

You can ALWAYS gain more information from old sources.

...or at least a new understanding of old information.

I do play videogames over and over, in cycles... I have atendency to do that since I don't like new games.

I don't like the direction videogames are taking these days. It's very commercial, I don't wanna get into it in this thread but... well, the thing is I have my selection and it's extremly hard to find games that are better or as good as those.

With movies it does not happen to me. Yes, I've watched some moves 2 or 3 times but I don't do that very often, I always prefer to look at a new one.

Oh yeah,

How many times have I seen The Great Escape...hundreds must be. I went through a stage of falling asleep every night watching it. I bloody know the whole script I could probably do a one woman reenactment of it!

I only own a few dvds / vids (remember them?!) because I'm not the worlds biggest film lover so if I feel like watching one I don't have many to choose from hence they get a little over watched.

I also do this with albums, I've pretty much been listening to the same one solely for weeks.

As for games I only play them online but I do go through stages of playing one everyday for a few weeks then maybe I'll never play it again. There was this one racing game I got quite addicted to because as you won races you could upgrade the car (mine was pink and called Doris, I totally bonded with her!) and it saved the progress. I was so pissed when my computer died and had to be rebuilt because I lost it all.

I got a rotation of the old stuff, but I complement both movies and games with new titles every once in the while. I have played BG 2 so many times, 'tho, I can practically remember every line word-for-word, as well as dungeon layouts, magic item locations and such.

I'm constantly watching re-runs of movies and television shows that I download. My television is right beside my computer, so quite often I'll watch episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or "UFC Unleashed" as I'm surfing the web. I've seen them so many times that it makes it much easier to follow as I type. I start every morning watching "Hell's Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares".

I do too. When The Fellowship of the Ring came out, I watched it eight times at the cinema. There are certain favourite DVDs in my flat that I've watched countless times, and know most of the lines to. And I can watch episodes of certain TV shows again and again, usually noticing new details each time.

When it comes to games, I'm always on the lookout for new ones, so I don't have time to replay so much. But I have do admit that I've gone through Dragon Age a few times, because it got me completely hooked.

Felix said:
I do play videogames over and over, in cycles... I have atendency to do that since I don't like new games.

I don't like the direction videogames are taking these days. It's very commercial, I don't wanna get into it in this thread but... well, the thing is I have my selection and it's extremly hard to find games that are better or as good as those.

With movies it does not happen to me. Yes, I've watched some moves 2 or 3 times but I don't do that very often, I always prefer to look at a new one.
Get used to it Felix.

Felix said:

Yeah I understand that.

Of course, I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Batman movies or Indiana Jones movies, lost count. I'll play video games over and over just to unlock the achievements or if it's a really good game like Batman Arkham Asylum. Played that game on all difficulties and replayed it just recently again. The only time I watch or play a video game once and never again is if it sucks.

LoneKiller said:
Felix said:

Get used to it Felix.

I try...

Sci-Fi said:
Of course, I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Batman movies or Indiana Jones movies, lost count. I'll play video games over and over just to unlock the achievements or if it's a really good game like Batman Arkham Asylum. Played that game on all difficulties and replayed it just recently again. The only time I watch or play a video game once and never again is if it sucks.

Same as me Sci-Fi. It feels weird, because I've already played it and memorized the entire **** movie/game, but I still end up enjoying. Sometimes in a video game, I find new dialogue, quests, items, etc. that I haven't tried before, makes it much more exciting. :D

i always watch the disney alice in wonderland...for many years

I do both. Mainly because I cannot afford to spend money on new games and films these days. Otherwise I wouldn't do so as much. But I still would with some games and films.

There is a familiar comfort of re-watching films over and over again...

Life might be unpredictable, but I can sure as hell predict what will happen in a movie I've watched a bunch of times.

Sometimes it's fun to discover things you missed from watching it before.

Latest posts

Back