Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is the worst? Rejection, Failure, or Humiliation?
Rejection for me as well. Failure hurts for a second, but it's great since it means more learning. Humiliation is bad, but that depends on the amount of fucks i give about the people that humiliate me, so usually not much. Rejection just.. hurts.
I don't think any of them are the worst. They are simply a part of life. None of them have to be a problem unless you let them be a problem.

Being rejected is, of course never fun, but it happens, so there's not much you can do about it unless you plan to just stay away from people for the rest of your life.

Nothing is ever a failure unless you stop trying to succeed. If you stop trying, it's on you. Not many have succeeded without having failed a few times first.

And humiliation....well, you can't be humiliated unless you choose to be. Unless you care so much about what other people think of you that you simply cannot see anything else.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
all three
(01-19-2012, 12:13 PM)The Pariah Wrote: I think the three feed into one another.

^ I agree. I don't think any of the three are all that different, they each have elements of the others. But if I had to pick one, I'd say humiliation.
^ I guess they all stem from the same root emotion - fear.
(09-13-2014, 06:16 AM)Rosebolt Wrote: ^ I guess they all stem from the same root emotion - fear.

Good observation
Rejection is the worst for me.

Failure sucks, but I always see it as a silver lining to learn or gain something from it. Every time I fail, I always get better because of it. I'm not afraid of it.

Humiliation I think can be temporary. Either ignore the people causing it or the situation, and just don't return if you don't have to, or adapt and turn lemons into lemonade. Again, this stems to failure. I've actually made friends because I was in a humiliating situation and simply turned it around.

Rejection on the other hand is like a denial for things I WANT and am ready to do/try and then I don't even get the chance. Rejection is being abandoned by someone or not even getting the chance at all. Your whole being just becomes the what-if scenario: WHAT IF I HAD GOTTEN THIS? Etc, and it drives you crazy.

It's better to try and fail than to never even get the chance to try, is how I feel.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Humiliation
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
Rejection, I think. Then failure, then humiliation. It seems to me that the pain of rejection is rooted in humiliation and failure, and the pain of failure is rooted in humiliation. But humiliation doesn't necessarily involve failure or rejection, and failure doesn't necessarily involve rejection.
Rejection and humiliation are the same thing, and failure is something entirely different.
Happiness is a false God.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the worst April Fools prank you ever pulled? DanL53 0 170 04-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: DanL53
  Your Worst Scare Ruthie 18 3,657 08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Darrell_Licht
  What's The Worst Job Out There That You Can Think Of? LoneKiller 70 9,160 08-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Alienated
  What is the worst betrayal you have ever experienced? Naleena 20 6,269 02-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
  The worst pain you've ever had Rosebolt 41 5,239 02-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
Exclamation Literally the worst day of my life! Blue_Eyed_Symphony 6 2,082 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: LoneKiller
Exclamation I feel like a complete failure that1guy 11 3,317 03-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Last Post: A new life
  Whats the worst thing someone could tell you? Naleena 79 12,089 02-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Last Post: samia
  Worst memory from elementary/high school? Mr. Self Destruct 47 14,084 09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jenierga13
  my b day tommarrow.worst year I have ever had.lost my family job ect.(got hurt)just n Shon Rodriguez 12 3,259 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shon Rodriguez