The Kindest People I've Ever Met

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I've been wanting to write a thread on this for a while.

I've noticed throughout my years of living that the kindest people I've met have often been through horrible things in their lives. Some sort of abuse or cruelty...

The kindest people I have known have gone through hell.

There was the nurse that had an alcoholic father that made me feel loved as a child whenever she'd take care of me.

The member here on the forum who could not speak in real life, and had suffered abuse. One of the kindest souls I've ever met. I miss them.

I do not know why cruelty or inner suffering can sometimes create such wonderfully kind or compassionate people, but I am glad that these people exist. I love them. I do not love the suffering they go through or have gone through but I love who they are.

If you ever meet someone like this, someone who has turned pain into kindness and compassion, please try to keep them in your life. They are keepers through and through.

very eloquently stated and in some cases, so true.

thank you for posting this.

Kindness illuminates the only kind of beauty that really matters.

It is sad though that we have to go through hell to become kind and compassionate, why can't people just be kind without something bad happening to them?

SophiaGrace said:

I've noticed throughout my years of living that the kindest people I've met have often been through horrible things in their lives. Some sort of abuse or cruelty...

There was the nurse that had an alcoholic father that made me feel loved as a child whenever she'd take care of me.

The member here on the forum who could not speak in real life, and had suffered abuse. One of the kindest souls I've ever met. I miss them.

I do not know why cruelty or inner suffering can sometimes create such wonderfully kind or compassionate people, but I am glad that these people exist. I love them. I do not love the suffering they go through or have gone through but I love who they are.

If you ever meet someone like this, someone who has turned pain into kindness and compassion, please try to keep them in your life. They are keepers through and through.

glad you've met some nice people

Seeker said:
It is sad though that we have to go through hell to become kind and compassionate, why can't people just be kind without something bad happening to them?

Because then they wouldn't know the value of kindness?

Right on :) I've kinda noticed this as well.. and it makes me wanna hugz them.

It is true. People who have been through really hard times know what it feels like to be at rock bottom, so are kind to those experiencing their own bad times. And they are less likely to be jugdmental.

I agree with you the people who go trough hell are really kind, but there are so many 'normal' people around that know true kindness to. I think it is a bit simple minded to call those people the kindest. I would put it more like people who had to work for what they have are the kindest or kids who are raised by really kind parents mostly end up like good and kind people to.

Yeah I agree. Lots of people ask me, how can you still smile?
You been through so much, how can you still be so nice.
I just keep holding on.

True of some, but probably just as many will use their background as an excuse to abuse others and generally act like scumbags.
I think it takes effort to be a giver, it's not 'natural' for most regardless of what they've been through, rather it's still a decision.

SophiaGrace said:

Wow stumbled across this Thread & I love what you wrote, I know many people who fit this mold as I am one of them too, I had the blessing of my mother moving my family when I was ten to a small town with a very loving church, I met amazing people who shared testimonys of the cruel hardships in life they had exp and come thru it with amazing attitudes, so loving and caring that they wanted nothing more in life than to help better the lives of others, some would go into the poorest countries of the world sacrifice a comfortable life style to fill the needs of those who truly need it gave all they had expecting nothing in return, for this reason I am humble in the way I live, because my family came from simple beginings ive seen what true love for one another is, Ive gone through hell and walked out the otherside singing with joy in my heart, felt and seen so much pain that all I want to do is love, give love spread love and be loved, Sophia's right hold on to these people keep them in your life, learn from them for they are a blessing and blessing are ment to be shared (everytime I see a post of your name I think SophiaGrace like the Lords Grace, Grace is a gift from God, beautiful name )

I've seen it go both ways.
It's hard to say if people STAY good people during hardship or develop such a personality because of it, and in reverse how can you know if a rough life turned someone bad or if they would've went down that path regardless?

"If you ever meet someone like this, someone who has turned pain into kindness and compassion, please try to keep them in your life. They are keepers through and through."
Is very true though, if life gives a person nothing but crap and that person can still turn out as a kind and caring individual you have yourself a keeper :)

Sigma said:
if life gives a person nothing but crap and that person can still turn out as a kind and caring individual you have yourself a keeper :)

Agreed.

"the poor (in whatever form) shares what they have because they know what it is like to have nothing."

Seeker said:

It is the same concept with learning/understanding anything else. for some people, hands on experience is the way to learn. Some do not need hands on experience and can learn from either just observing or from the [book].

EveWasFramed said:
Regumika said:
"the poor (in whatever form) shares what they have because they know what it is like to have nothing."

^^ This. +1

"The hardest thing about having nothing,
is having nothing to give."

- Andrea Gibson

Sigma said:
I've seen it go both ways.
It's hard to say if people STAY good people during hardship or develop such a personality because of it, and in reverse how can you know if a rough life turned someone bad or if they would've went down that path regardless?

The truth is, we are all different and respond to things in different ways. We have no way of knowing who we would have been had we lived a different life.

Let me share something I have heard though on this topic, I think I remember hearing it from LonesomeCrow on this website a long while back and it stuck with me...

There are two brothers.

Both with the same father that was abusive.

One turns out like his father.

He says...

"How could I have turned out any other way?"

One is not like his father.

He says...

"My father taught me what I didn't want to be like."

This demonstrates how people's interpretations of a person or event can become a part of their self-identity.

Latest posts

Back