Do Feel Reluctant At Times To Razz Another Member In Case They Take It The Wrong Way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hello esteemed members.:D

I was wondering something. Have you ever thought of razzing another member all in good fun but are apprehensive for fear of them taking it the wrong way? I know that we have smilies that help, but often after I grease someone I just sit there and wonder if they knew I was just kidding. Do you feel this way?

Godspeed.
LK

That all depends on what razzing means. Haha.

Hmmm, well I make a few jokes here and there and hope people pick up on my jokey nature, but I know I have offended/upset at least one person, so I try and be careful.

Hard sometimes to pickup on tone with just text, you can put your own spin on it. Have to add :D to put the emphasis accross maybe?

Razzing means teasing, Mike.... right, Jason? At least I think so.

Anyway, yeah I do this too.. I guess you can put it across a certain way not to make it sound possibly offensive?

I take everything said to me or about me as good-natured banter until I am given a reason to think otherwise; especially if it's in the games section where I feel everyone is fair game.

9006 said:
That all depends on what razzing means. Haha.

Razzing means teasing - you Brits really need to learn English.

And, to answer the question, I don't like to razz people on here.

It's never even gone well for me teasing people in person. It's a matter of intimacy from what I've observed.

Yeah is hard to do that in a forum, is not like when you are talking face to face and they can sense the tone.

No, I am not reluctant. In fact, I am an equal opportunity razzer.

For example:

LK,
The title of your thread is entirely too big. I got yelled at in ALL red font when I tried to reply.
Keep up the good work.

theraab said:
And, to answer the question, I don't like to razz people on here.
Was that sarcasm?

Sometimes I tease another member, but when I do, I do it lightly.
Sometimes I hold off on teasing if I think the person will take it the wrong way. If I know that the person is highly sensitive, I will not tease them.

It is all about how someone teases. Some people think that calling others fat is a hilarious way to tease, but it is really not. Some people don't do it the right way.

It also depends on what the person is being teased for. For example "You are so silly." or "If you do that again, I will give post annoying music and then it will be stuck in your head :p" is fine to me. It is not rude or really threatening. I mean, annoying music could be a threat, but it is not really. :p

When I tease someone, I ask myself "Is this statement something that we can all laugh about?"

ZynischeWirklichkeit said:
Sometimes I hold off on teasing if I think the person will take it the wrong way. If I know that the person is highly sensitive, I will not tease them.

It is all about how someone teases. Some people think that calling others fat is a hilarious way to tease, but it is really not. Some people don't do it the right way.

It also depends on what the person is being teased for. For example "You are so silly." or "If you do that again, I will give post annoying music and then it will be stuck in your head :p" is fine to me. It is not rude or really threatening. I mean, annoying music could be a threat, but it is not really. :p

When I tease someone, I ask myself "Is this statement something that we can all laugh about?"
Good to meet you ZynischeWirklichkeit. I'm glad that I only have to type your name as opposed to pronouncing it.:p

LoneKiller said:
ZynischeWirklichkeit said:

Good to meet you ZynischeWirklichkeit. I'm glad that I only have to type your name as opposed to pronouncing it.:p

It is nice to meet you too, Lonekiller. :D Most people are glad that they don't have to pronounce my name. I can say it once, but 10 times fast, forget about it! hahahahah

Latest posts

Back