Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is destroying my life
(12-18-2013, 06:51 PM)Kale Wrote: [quote='LifeCoachWithL' pid='582479' dateline='1387311360']

Finding a life coach/ counselor can be like trying on different pairs of shoes, have to find the right one that fits and that you can connect with. You mind me asking, what have you or what are you doing to change your life?

Therapy, I go to the gym on and off (depending on my motivation, energy, and the severity of my symptoms) and do 45 on the elliptical which makes me feel incredible for about 2 hours after, I'm trying to eat better, and I'm on meds which help with my Bipolar II. I do go out to art festivals and small family parties here and there, but as I said this is not without the aid of alcohol so I can't say that qualifies really, but it does get me out there at least. I go to the movies, alone but I still go. I 'm finally pursuing my dream of learning piano after having saved and found an affordable one. I get massages to help with chronic pain, chemo helps lessen this temporarily as well. I'm trying to meet some people on Craigslist just to hang with but it seems to be a hive of scum and villainy so I must be cautious.

I was volunteering at the animal shelter cathouse downtown about a year ago but was a complete fish out of water socially and the start of another chemo regimen made it hard to continue on their schedule. I seemingly make people very awkward and uncomfortable which I attribute to esteem and confidence. If someone's not at ease with themselves it rubs off and others become uncomfortable in turn. This is why I hate it. Every time I interact with anyone it's a direct and glaring reflection of me (or at least I attribute it to me, but when it happens with mostly everyone it's a good indication).

I don't know what else I can do really. I'd like to get a job or attend school as I think this would have the greatest benefit to how I feel, but my condition has me absolutely miserable more than half of the workweek and pretty exhausted the rest. I've gone to school counselors to discuss this to no avail. They pointed me to online courses. It's like whenever I start to get back on my feet this f***ing disease is right there to rip me back down to take care of it and I can barely pay attention to anything or anyone else that would aid with these problems. It is an enormous burden, and as I mentioned, it is chronic and will not end.

Have you ever tried acupuncture/ reiki? i know they both help with chronic pain. i personally have done both and find it to be relaxing and helpful. i personally think you going back to school would help tremendously with your self esteem. Have you ever gone to a community college and spoke with a guidance counselor and tell them about your situation? I'm just thinking that there has to be some way they can help you, it's not like you making up the disease. If you have not done that i would try that, it can't hurt, right? I would also be very careful in meeting people on graigslist....i;m sure you met a lot of interesting characters. what do you like to do? what are your hobbies?
(12-19-2013, 12:11 PM)LifeCoachWithL Wrote: Have you ever tried acupuncture/ reiki? i know they both help with chronic pain. i personally have done both and find it to be relaxing and helpful. i personally think you going back to school would help tremendously with your self esteem. Have you ever gone to a community college and spoke with a guidance counselor and tell them about your situation? I'm just thinking that there has to be some way they can help you, it's not like you making up the disease. If you have not done that i would try that, it can't hurt, right? I would also be very careful in meeting people on graigslist....i;m sure you met a lot of interesting characters. what do you like to do? what are your hobbies?
Never done acupuncture. I've seen enough needles to last 100 lifetimes. Yes, I've gone to a counselor numerous times and they all say online courses.

As for hobbies, gaming mostly as it helps take my mind off of the unpleasantness of chemo side effects. I also like movies and reading and will be playing piano. I have other interests I'd get into but can't afford (skydiving).
(12-20-2013, 05:51 PM)Kale Wrote:
(12-19-2013, 12:11 PM)LifeCoachWithL Wrote: Have you ever tried acupuncture/ reiki? i know they both help with chronic pain. i personally have done both and find it to be relaxing and helpful. i personally think you going back to school would help tremendously with your self esteem. Have you ever gone to a community college and spoke with a guidance counselor and tell them about your situation? I'm just thinking that there has to be some way they can help you, it's not like you making up the disease. If you have not done that i would try that, it can't hurt, right? I would also be very careful in meeting people on graigslist....i;m sure you met a lot of interesting characters. what do you like to do? what are your hobbies?
Never done acupuncture. I've seen enough needles to last 100 lifetimes. Yes, I've gone to a counselor numerous times and they all say online courses.

As for hobbies, gaming mostly as it helps take my mind off of the unpleasantness of chemo side effects. I also like movies and reading and will be playing piano. I have other interests I'd get into but can't afford (skydiving).

When your feeling good after the chemo, do you go out? Do you talk to other people who share your illness? I feel that it helps talking to someone who is going through what you are going through helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could another person be happy with your life? howtobealone 57 21,270 03-30-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: humourless
  I am afraid of being responsible for my life worthless_loser 9 2,207 12-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Serenity1
  Life as a bald guy ardour 96 46,930 05-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: pinocio
Sad Shyness destroying/taking control over my life, help? blendor 13 9,455 10-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ihabl
  My Life is ruined. Is it worth trying to find the pieces michael2 12 5,878 09-23-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Forsaken-Knight
  major life choice Major Derp 5 3,098 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Peaches
Exclamation Life in American High Schools slendy 5 3,624 09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude
Smile life is a bitch.......then u die chickmagneto 16 7,020 12-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Last Post: reloadlife23
  Sort of life story (Warning:potentially long text) bystander 2 2,877 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Naleena
  I have a pretty unique situation and feel messed up.. (life story) nik8455 2 4,229 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Last Post: dreamsurfer