Terrible result

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
I'm almost crying right now. It is my first time taking IELTS. I've just got my IELTS results. It is I got overall 6.5.
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 5.5
Speaking: 6 ( I actually spoke very fluently )
Writing: 6
I wanna commit a suicide right now ( of course not seriously ) It is a terrible performance. Totally disappointed and disheartened. Maybe i spoke out of topic at some point. Maybe I was just unlucky at reading. There was no article related to science. I'm a science student so i perform better at science-related articles. Writing task 2 was bit difficult about 'responsible tourists'. In general, I found writing considerably easy. My certificate would be totally useless, even if i had got 7 in my speaking and writing. Because I need overall 6.5 ( no less than six in each band ) Some universities might accept me , but not University of Melbourne. My English got so much better in the past two years. My level of English was at elementary level just a few years ago. But still... What should i do now? It seems i don't have a choice to retake the exam. I feel bit afraid to take the exam again, What if i fail again. If i do fail next time I will never forgive myself and admit that my English is a bullshit. I must get a good IELTS score to go a university so i gotta keep taking the exam again and again to get my dream score. I worked hard; My weeks of hard working was not efficient after all. :( :sigh:

I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you had wished Bebeskii, but trust me on this one, IELTS and TOEFL are not easy for even native English speakers. What's important is that you try again, don't give up okay friend? I know its really disappointing and frustrating, after all that hard work you put into this, but even if you have to re-do it again a few more times, eventually you'll do well, and years from now, you'll look back at this point and it won't even matter.

Plus you can pride yourself for persevering. Its probably a bit too soon to think about resitting the exam now, so take some time off for yourself, and then get back into prep mode ok?

Also, if it helps, I once knew a guy who failed the Bar Exam 11 times before finally passing, so maybe that helps a little :) (of course at this poor guy's expense but he's successful now, and he still jokes about it, so its ok)

Good luck on your next exam! You'll do well! *hugs*

I'm sorry to hear that your exam did not go as well as you had hoped, but please don't let it demotivate you. Just keep trying again and again. Don't look on this as a failure - you've only failed when you let these setbacks stop you from achieving what you set out to do.

I wish you the best of luck with attempt number two.

Gutted said:
I have no idea what you're talking about. What is this test?

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.

Thank you guys for giving me such an inspiration. But I'm really down right now. My aunt terribly criticized me for what I've got which took an hour. She blamed for everything, calling me useless. I'm a such a big fool who helps everyone in my school, giving them golden hints for success. She was extremely upset about and I promised her that I will not help anyone. But when someone comes to for help ( i'm lonely, usually seeking for companionship ) I stupidly always end up helping people. I don't just pretend to help. I help everyone from the bottom of my heart. Of course there's no like me in the school where competition for the better grades and the success are vigorous. I feel so sorry for my helping behaviour and grades.

Bebeskii said:
I'm almost crying right now. It is my first time taking IELTS. I've just got my IELTS results. It is I got overall 6.5.
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 5.5
Speaking: 6 ( I actually spoke very fluently )
Writing: 6
I wanna commit a suicide right now ( of course not seriously ) It is a terrible performance. Totally disappointed and disheartened. Maybe i spoke out of topic at some point. Maybe I was just unlucky at reading. There was no article related to science. I'm a science student so i perform better at science-related articles. Writing task 2 was bit difficult about 'responsible tourists'. In general, I found writing considerably easy. My certificate would be totally useless, even if i had got 7 in my speaking and writing. Because I need overall 6.5 ( no less than six in each band ) Some universities might accept me , but not University of Melbourne. My English got so much better in the past two years. My level of English was at elementary level just a few years ago. But still... What should i do now? It seems i don't have a choice to retake the exam. I feel bit afraid to take the exam again, What if i fail again. If i do fail next time I will never forgive myself and admit that my English is a bullshit. I must get a good IELTS score to go a university so i gotta keep taking the exam again and again to get my dream score. I worked hard; My weeks of hard working was not efficient after all. :( :sigh:

Hug.gif

Your English seems fine to me, you write it better than most people who've done it their entire lives. Wouldn't even know it wasn't your first language.

I'm English and I probably wouldn't pass it either.

Sci-Fi said:
Your English seems fine to me, you write it better than most people who've done it their entire lives. Wouldn't even know it wasn't your first language.

Really ? Wow. It is really nice to hear. :)

I think writing and speaking sections much depend on the examiner. My English teacher is said I've been close to get band 8 in my speaking many times. He is very surprised that i got 6. I did my best and put much effort into my writing. I deserved to get at least 6.5 in my writing. I've already started preparing for my exam by working on a book named 'Insight into IELTS'. Also I have to work very hard on my A-level exams. One year of hard working is going to influence my whole life significantly.

9006 said:

LOL That's because you're British English, no one understands what you blokes are saying. :D Pip pip cheerio and all that.

Joking! :p

I'll club myself. :club:

Oh wait, where's Drama with her whip ;)

Sci-Fi said:

Yeah, that is what i was thinking.

Sci-Fi said:
9006 said:

LOL That's because you're British English, no one understands what you blokes are saying. :D Pip pip cheerio and all that.

Joking! :p

I'll club myself. :club:

Oh wait, where's Drama with her whip ;)

Whippin_Emoticon-1.gif

Latest posts

Back