Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do YOU have to offer?
(03-09-2014, 11:28 PM)Nightwing Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 10:48 PM)jaguarundi Wrote: Big Grin Seriously boys - the longer the list, the more it sounds like you are trying to convince ---- yourselves..... Big Grin
I thought that was the whole point of this? To remind us all that we've got plenty to offer and try to avoid the depression-fuelled "I've got nothing to offer, that's why I'm single." thought process.

I'm guessing fishdish = me? Nightwing said it best - I thought this "exercise" was intended to be a reminder that we have more to offer than we think, and that "I've got nothing" is a cop-out. My list is long cause I wanted to dig deep and find as many good things about me as I can. Humility can be a virtue sometimes, but sometimes it's much more helpful to remember "I'm good and I know it!" Smile Sometimes I feel that the biggest difference between me and a person, specifically a guy, who makes things happen, is how we carry ourselves. I get down on myself a lot. But sometimes it might actually be better to carry myself like a Rolling Stone.

So yes, in a roundabout way Jag, you're right on the money. It certainly could be a way to convince ourselves of our good traits and to remember we even have them in the first place.

I think reminding ourselves of our good qualities is a fine way to keep from slipping into "I have nothing to offer anyone" mode. Hence the exercise in this thread.
I do the whole "nothing to offer anyone" thing to myself, knowing full well I have a number of things to offer. It's hard to break out of that rut and remember that a lot of that is based on past relationship failures (even if they weren't your own "fault" - which would be a topic for a different thread. :p )
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
Nothing.
did I post already? I don't think so

what can I offer? healthy lifestyle, healthy emotional environment (most of the time, at least), loyalty, support, mostly balance, daily entertainment, open to new adventures, trips, etc, secret European "skills", a stubborn wish for open communication, spiritual experiences, VERY cuddly.
There are a couple of major downsides to all this, unfortunately.
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
A refined intelligence (though I don't always use it).

A rather twisted sense of humor.

Education (formal and self-educated).

A good amount of loyalty, but first you must prove that you merit such a gift.

Discretion. I will never tell your secrets, even after I've had a few drinks. I keep secrets & then forget about them.

Creativity when it's warranted.

Skilled with most hand tools including a few uncommon ones. I can fix things around the house.

Oh yeah, & I can open jars with my bare hands. I also have nice forearms, too.
illegitimus non carborundum
i can offer love. all i want is to love someone who loves me unconditionally. Love is what helps make the world go round. I can offer my unconditional love if someone is willing to accept it.
~BIGGEST Walking Dead Fan you will EVER meet!!!!
(03-11-2014, 01:44 PM)Peaches Wrote: did I post already? I don't think so

what can I offer? healthy lifestyle, healthy emotional environment (most of the time, at least), loyalty, support, mostly balance, daily entertainment, open to new adventures, trips, etc, secret European "skills", a stubborn wish for open communication, spiritual experiences, VERY cuddly.

Yeah, the downside is YOU live in Europe....all the really awesome ones live too far away Wink
(03-12-2014, 03:14 AM)WildernessWildChild Wrote:

Yeah, the downside is YOU live in Europe....all the really awesome ones live too far away Wink

That means it's not us - it's YOU. :p
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(03-12-2014, 04:00 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote:

Yeah, you're on that list of to far away as well....didn't you know the Rockies in B.C. are the centre of the universe and EVERYTHING revolves around here?
(03-12-2014, 04:12 AM)WildernessWildChild Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 04:00 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote:

Yeah, you're on that list of to far away as well....didn't you know the Rockies in B.C. are the centre of the universe and EVERYTHING revolves around here?

**thinks - only after too much BEER ..**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: 11c5jja.jpg]
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds
cannot change anything". - George Bernard Shaw