How many relationships have you had??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None. I was never in a rush to seek romantic relationships, and while I'm just now seeing the appeal, I'm content with having 1-3 close friendships.

None. Nil. Zilch.

Spent 37 years having absolutely nothing to do with women - then made friends with one (amongst a group of people I also consider to be friends) and realized that friendship is less fickle and far more valuable than romance.

A friend can't cheat on you. A friend can't turn around and say 'I don't love you anymore' or pack up her suitcase and leave in the middle of the night. A friend can't fall in love with someone else and leave you for them.

I'm sticking with friendship. It is awesome.

2 proper ones, then went off the rails and had some very risky one nighters with a few sexy old grannies and gorgeous fatties I had flings or weekenders with in my 30s.
Now I just tend to masterbate to the memories and cringe alot haha

None. Nil. Zilch.

Spent 37 years having absolutely nothing to do with women - then made friends with one (amongst a group of people I also consider to be friends) and realized that friendship is less fickle and far more valuable than romance.

A friend can't cheat on you. A friend can't turn around and say 'I don't love you anymore' or pack up her suitcase and leave in the middle of the night. A friend can't fall in love with someone else and leave you for them.

But friends can ignore you and neglect you and decide to spend time with other friends they’ve made. They can forget about you and move on. If you’re not exciting enough, friends can just disappear from your life. Sometimes that hurts more than an intimate relationship.

None. Nil. Zilch.

Friends betray or forget about each other all the time. "Late life" friendships are usually the low investment type that leave you disappointed and more alone than ever.

Maybe 10 or so, most when I was young. I haven't had any for years now, by my own choice. I just like the peacefulness now. I might try again someday but not now.

If we’re talking serious (as in move-in together) kind of relationships, then 3. I’ve been with my current partner for 22 years and counting. We’ve had lots of struggles over the years, but not relationship-wise - we’ve always been very happy together and are compatible.

I wish I knew how close or far away I was, to having a relationship - especially with the women I like and want to get to know, and want them to want to like and get to know me too.

I've had a few previous crushes that I look back on, and I see that I was way off-base. For most of them, it was just wrong, and nothing I could have done would have worked. I also did some things that just seem to be universally, fundamentally, inherently incorrect. I really want to figure this out because I'd hate to keep making these same mistakes over and over again, and blowing it with women that I could have been compatible and happy with if I only knew the right things to do to make the right impression, make them feel the right feelings.

I wish I knew what exactly I had to do - what kind of career, what kind of interests, what kind of lifestyle, what kind of thoughts/ideas I needed to have, what kind of topics for conversation, what kinds of stories and experiences, what I need to look like, what kind of vibe/aura/energy/personality/nature/temperament I need to project, what I need to think and feel, to be the right kind of person for them, that would make them feel the right way about me.

If I knew what to fix, I would know what to work on, what to do, what to aim myself at. I could draw up a plan and start ticking things off the list.

Right now, I don't know though. All I know is "not me". "Not this". "Not what I've been doing".

Some might say, I should just follow my interests, just live my life.
But it's hard for me to get interested in anything as long as I'm stuck in my problems, because as long as I'm stuck in singledom (and other things), all I'm really doing is waiting to be let out. It's like I'm stranded on an island waiting to be rescued, or trying to enjoy some activity while you're sitting in jail. I just keep sitting in this waiting room, indefinitely, just killing time. As long as I'm stuck in my problems and not knowing when or if I'll be released, or what I have to do to get released, then nothing makes me feel more good, than the thought of never escaping singledom, makes me feel bad.

It's hard for me to just enjoy things for their own sake, to really get into enjoying things full force, when it's like "OK, another day, still single...when's it going to happen, I'm not getting any younger here..."

too many.... enough and bad enough to make me jaded

not enough... not the good one that stuck

I wish I knew how close or far away I was, to having a relationship - especially with the women I like and want to get to know, and want them to want to like and get to know me too.
Don't take this the wrong way.
Not being sarcastic here.
But I think you've said more than once that you are partial to somewhat larger sized women.
If that is true, then I think the sky is the limit for you.
Just talk to them.
Either online, or at stores, supermarket, etc...
They are mostly pretty lonely I think, and would love the genuine attention.
Just IMO, of course.
Happy New Year, btw...to everyone...

Don't take this the wrong way.
Not being sarcastic here.
But I think you've said more than once that you are partial to somewhat larger sized women.
If that is true, then I think the sky is the limit for you.
Just talk to them.
Either online, or at stores, supermarket, etc...
They are mostly pretty lonely I think, and would love the genuine attention.
Just IMO, of course.
Happy New Year, btw...to everyone...

I didn't take it as sarcastic at all.
And it's true, I am interested in people that most would consider bigger women.
It's not exclusive, but definitely, consistently one of my types.
I just don't want to come across like I think I'm doing them a favor or something, because no one wants to feel that way. It's not that I think it will be easier or something, my interest is genuine.

Anyway yeah, I probably do just need to talk to them, talk to someone, get something going. I just need to come prepared with good conversation material. I'm not really a charismatic guy though - that's why I worry that I'll miss the mark with feelings, and just get stuck being a "friend". Hopefully I can make up for that in some way.

I just don't want to come across like I think I'm doing them a favor or something, because no one wants to feel that way. It's not that I think it will be easier or something, my interest is genuine.

Anyway yeah, I probably do just need to talk to them, talk to someone, get something going. I just need to come prepared with good conversation material. I'm not really a charismatic guy though - that's why I worry that I'll miss the mark with feelings, and just get stuck being a "friend". Hopefully I can make up for that in some way.
Mate, join Fetlife. It's full of larger women who are confident enough that they wouldn't think you're pitying them. They'll maybe even intimidate you.

Last edited:

Everyone has superficial preferences. Lord knows most of these bigger women would. You're under no obligation to a come out and say it, so how would they know?

Last edited:
My dating history can be collectively combined to equate to around 5 - 6 months with 3 women over the last 23 years (I'm currently 49).

TA- DAHHHH!! :p

Latest posts

Back