Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do YOU have to offer?
(03-12-2014, 03:00 PM)MTrip Wrote: I've thought about it, Peaches. Have heard that women in most European countries are often not quite as materialistic as American women. As I'm not dirt poor but have no interest in living like Trump, nor the means for it, I find that appealing. The only things that make me hesitate are the language barrier (I took Spanish for two years in high school & was lousy at it), & the fact that western Europe particularly is in irrevocable decline. OTOH, so is the U.S.! Also we have worse crime problems in our cities.

LOL! This just reminded me of part of a stand up comedy routine I saw when an American showed up to make some pretty wild assertions about the rest of the world. Dara O'Briain did a bit in his stand up show on stereotypes around the world. The words the audience came out with for the US stereotype were fat and stupid. You're definitely not helping this, because just about everything you've said there about Europe is misinformed.

1. Yes we have materialistic women here. Check out the attractive women who have married ugly professional footballers. You can be as generous and give as much benefit of the doubt as you like... nobody will deny the money was playing at least a fairly significant role.
2. There are parts of Spain (for example, look up the popular destinations of British Ex-Pats) where English is the predominant language. This applies to a number of European countries where English is not the national language.
3. What's this irrevocable decline? Economic? Moral? Social? We're no further along or behind the rest of the world. (Certain EU countries could be accused of being further along the economic decline, but let's remember that's 2 or 3 out of 28.) But ultimately, none of it is beyond rescue.
4. In terms of percentage crime, some parts of Europe are safer than the US, others are less safe. Bit of a wild assertion there.

Perhaps you should try visiting Europe and actually seeing for yourself before making lots of "poor me" statements about the tragedy of living in the US. There's a lot less between first world countries than you'd think. The differences are spread quite widely if you really get into the nitty-gritty of it. It'd be a good horizon broadening experience to take a trip anyway!

Back on topic - What do I have to offer? Breadth of knowledge... which is also a negative lol.
(03-13-2014, 08:58 AM)WK95 Wrote: Let's see
1) I'm studying to be an engineer and aspire to eventually get a Ph.D so that means financial stability
2) I'm good at analyzing problems of various sorts from diverse viewpoints and an analytical perspective be they social or ethical. (Guess that's why I study engineering)
3) As an active road cyclist, I have a heightened sex drive (studies say)
4) I'm good with technology
5) I read the news so I'm well informed
6) I deeply value family and tradition so I'm also loyal and dedicated
7) I'm a good listener
8) I don't drink or do drugs

Thing I wish I could offer
1) A genius mind
2) Good looks
3) Love making skills
4) Dating skills
5) Romance skills
6) Intimacy skills
7) Negotiation skills
8) Being able to tell good jokes
9) Someone that a potential wife or girlfriend could proudly introduce to friends
10) Wealth
11) Being a fun person to be around (I'm incredibly boring)
12) Making life interesting

I'd say I'm quite a catc... BUAHAHAHA

I had to laugh.

quite a catch AND a sense of humor, I'm sold Wink
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
I'm (mostly) easy going.
I'm willing to get along with or fit myself with people, if I find at least something I like about them.
I give chances and look the other way on some flaws because I have flaws too, and I hope someone would give me the same allowance to not be perfect as long as I'm willing to try to do better.
I can also help with others' flaws if it's something I know how to help with, and if they want to.

(02-21-2021, 03:15 PM)TheSkaFish Wrote: I'm (mostly) easy going. 
I'm willing to get along with or fit myself with people, if I find at least something I like about them. 
I give chances and look the other way on some flaws because I have flaws too, and I hope someone would give me the same allowance to not be perfect as long as I'm willing to try to do better. 
I can also help with others' flaws if it's something I know how to help with, and if they want to.

can you teach me necromancy? like how you raised this thread? rad as heck dude
love. most of all.
Nothing
(02-21-2021, 10:43 PM)Aardra Wrote: can you teach me necromancy? like how you raised this thread? rad as heck dude

Simple trick - sometimes I just check the bottom of a thread and look at all the related threads it comes up with. I'll click on one, and maybe click on that thread's related threads. It's kind of like Wikipedia - you can keep going, and going, and going.

Or I'll just see what's on a random page number in one of the categories.

At this current point in time, not a great deal.
Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend....any minor world that breaks apart, falls together again.
I don't know. Depends on what a potential mate looks for.
It's like an advertising of myself.

I've thought about it but the answer is nothing in fact. At least nothing special, almost anyone can offer the same.

Talking, understanding, care, honesty... is this still needed in a modern world?
Provide a companion for hiking/skiing/skating/etc
Belay
Opportunity to take a part in my strange projects
Install OS on a computer 
Hugs after all
And yeah, I can bake cookies ) so I have cookies am I a darkside thereby?
The world is all around us, so tell me what you see
Yes, nice going Skafish. I guess I'm basically decent, but beyond that I'm not sure. Whatever I have to offer is probably irrelevant.

Throughout the majority of my adult life things hardly ever got the stage where even short conversations could happen with any member of the opposite sex who might have been single and near my age. It was almost like women were taking mental notes as to where the unattractive/awkward men were and making sure never to be in any kind of social situation/physical space where you could feasibly speak to them. I'm not the kind of person to try and push myself on women in public, so this has been the main problem. Women were everywhere, yet seemed to have this uncanny ability to never be 'around' where it was socially acceptable to say hello and try and get to know them. Not sure what else to say, really.

The only long standing interactions I've had with women have been online, and during those few instances some unflattering aspects of myself were revealed (basically being too self-involved, whiny, lacking in social intuition)