Letter to the future

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R2349

Reaction score
Got an email from myself this morning, dated a year ago... Anyone else ever tried futureme.org? Part fun, part depressing~! It's like a snapshot of life a year ago.

... come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I sent one to someone else as well.

Also, you can read other people's letters. Which is entertaining, especially when they're warning alternate timelines of impending.. nukes... o.o http://www.futureme.org/letters/recently_delivered?offset=0

I have never tried that. But I have written letters to myself, that I've lost and found a long period of time later. It's disappointing every time, because I never believe what I've told myself in them.

Always new things to learn, like now. :> Lol, never tried that.

I don't want to know my future though... Past is enough for me.

I am totally trying this Alt. I think it would be really cool!

I think I'll try it too. So often I've gotten caught up in day to day life that I forget the overlying picture of where I want to be and what I want to do. Might be a nice way to put that stuff in perspective.

Idk, I told Future Me to take herself out someplace nice for dinner B)

I tried a similar site when my wife and I were separating and set it to mail me after 5 years. When it arrived, nothing had turned out how I had hoped it would and it brought up feelings I'd long since forgotten. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

If I ever do it again, I may try writing about something slightly less important.

Latest posts

Back