Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone
(09-11-2014, 10:05 AM)kamya Wrote: Kinda but not really. You can make a backup in itunes and use that to restore your phone and revert the changes if you need to take the phone in for something.

That's probably too complicated for the average Joe to do (including me). I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you though.

Just the way the world is.
(09-11-2014, 08:01 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: You should totally get a Blackberry. I mean, iPhone....REALLY???? *looks away in disgust*

:p Sorry, couldn't help myself. Big Grin

What do you want this auto-reply to say...."Go fuck yourself" perhaps?

One of those types who wants Apple but has been banned by them....
I personally wouldn't jailbreak because it becomes more vulnerable to getting malware, not worth the risk!
(09-11-2014, 10:08 AM)SophiaGrace Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 10:05 AM)kamya Wrote: Kinda but not really. You can make a backup in itunes and use that to restore your phone and revert the changes if you need to take the phone in for something.

That's probably too complicated for the average Joe to do (including me). I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you though.

You don't have to be a top-notch tech to understand something like this. It is really rather simple.
oh come on Eve!
how can you start a thread like this without "some" debate on operating systems?
but I will keep it simple... get a Samsung android phone! and avoid all this Smile
[Image: davinci_banner_think.png]
(09-12-2014, 09:24 AM)VanillaCreme Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 10:08 AM)SophiaGrace Wrote:

You don't have to be a top-notch tech to understand something like this. It is really rather simple.

Hmm. Okay.
(09-12-2014, 12:33 PM)Walley Wrote: oh come on Eve!
how can you start a thread like this without "some" debate on operating systems?
but I will keep it simple... get a Samsung android phone! and avoid all this Smile

I haven't had good luck with the Android OS - hence me switching to Apple a few years ago. :p
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(09-13-2014, 12:41 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote:

I haven't had good luck with the Android OS - hence me switching to Apple a few years ago. :p

Apple is for simplicity. You can't do a whole lot with it (unless it's a jailbroken device), so it is what is it. I wouldn't suggest jailbreaking because of reasons listen in previous posts, and because it tends to make the device unstable. Crashing more often than not, programs not responding correctly... All that jazz.
(09-13-2014, 12:41 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote:

Personally eve, I am in love with my LG G2 (it's an android smart phone). A very techy friend had one and ranted and raved about it. I got it very recently to replace my very glitchy and outdated Sidekick 4G, and I have no complaints whatsoever. None. It's simply amazing.

I get my college textbooks on it and I can read them because the screen is big enough.

I have a plethora of apps to choose from and play.

I can watch Netflix.

Youtube is cool.

It hasn't had any bugs or problems.

The battery lasts an entire 12 hour day and my friend can slow down the processor even more to make it last a week or so on a single charge.
ya, I still love my Samsung.
I got a Note II for the active Stylus it has. I use it for my job and get customers to sign off pdf documents on it with a free adobe app.
I also use it to read wifi network signals accurately with another free app (iphones tend to "exaggerate" strength)
every time I cross paths with an iphone user, they see what I do with mine and start cursing their own phones lol.
[Image: davinci_banner_think.png]