Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judgment by people.
(01-21-2017, 01:34 PM)EveWasFramed Wrote: Everyone judges. EVERYONE. It's built into us all - it's how we naturally asses a potential threat of any kind. I think often people judge negatively based on their own opinions and life experiences.
People are always going to judge other people. I feel the best way to deal with it is to know your own worth and eventually, negative judgements won't mean as much to you and won't have such a negative impact on you. Good luck.

This is so true, and those who say they'd don't judge anyone are usually the worst ones in my experience. Also judging someone doesn't always have to be negative, you can judge someone in a positive way. There's this stigma to judging someone that it always has to be bad.
(01-21-2017, 02:25 PM)Sci-Fi Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 01:34 PM)EveWasFramed Wrote: Everyone judges. EVERYONE. It's built into us all - it's how we naturally asses a potential threat of any kind. I think often people judge negatively based on their own opinions and life experiences.
People are always going to judge other people. I feel the best way to deal with it is to know your own worth and eventually, negative judgements won't mean as much to you and won't have such a negative impact on you. Good luck.

This is so true, and those who say they'd don't judge anyone are usually the worst ones in my experience.  Also judging someone doesn't always have to be negative, you can judge someone in a positive way.  There's this stigma to judging someone that it always has to be bad.

There's this stigma to judging someone that it always has to be bad.”

*** a very insightful point 👍🏻
I also feel that when we feel insecure, we feel the judgement is even worse than it may be. However, I experienced extreme judgment from my family early and often so I understand it isn't "just in your head"-we can become very intuitive to the emotions and judgments of the people around us because we had to very early on as a form of survival. Their constant negative judgment and words made me so sensitive to everything everyone said or may have felt about me it has made life very hard and I still struggle with this daily.

If you did not feel secure in your childhood, and never learned how to be confident-if you never had someone to help you gain this confidence, and help you understand that mistakes were okay, and that we are all human and that we can accept this in others as well as ourselves, we do not learn tolerance and we do not learn to accept even ourselves-mistakes and all.

It can also seem later in life like you are a target. I feel everyone is judged, its just that, most well adjusted adults do not feel it as deeply and it is not painful for them like it for those of us who still carry the wounds of the past.
Hi guys thank you all for your oppenion
When someone judge you in bad way it is very hard to cope with it.I talked with someone about this problems and it is very helpful.
Someone told me "Once you begin to understand why a person is judgmental ,you can get in a better position to either cope with it or overlook it ."
Club
START LOVING Yourself
   FOR Everything THAT YOU ARE.

Judgment is very sad situation for me ,it's broke me from inside ,I think I can't escape performance reviews at social feedback from family ,relatives ,neighbors.I am feeling like dead meat.
If I judged someone ,I feel very sad ,I realized how it's feel to be judged.
We all judges ,but some peoples judges in bad way.and they don't know how it's feel.if they judges in good way I think it'll be better.
Club
START LOVING Yourself

(02-02-2017, 08:53 PM)pinocio Wrote: Judgment is very sad situation for me ,it's broke me from inside ,I think I can't escape performance reviews at social feedback from family ,relatives ,neighbors.I am feeling like dead meat.
If I judged someone ,I feel very sad ,I realized how it's feel to be judged.
We all judges ,but some peoples judges in bad way.and they don't know how it's feel.if they judges in good way I think it'll be better.

That's a really good way to put it, like every social interaction is a "performace review". Very relatable.

It doesn't help much, but you're empathetic, so that makes you a better person than those who judge.

I think there's a better way to express thoughts than being judgmental, even if it's positive. For example, I have been told multiple times that I "look like someone who would like Harry Potter". I barely read anything in the Harry Potter series, and did not enjoy it. That shuts down any potential conversation very few people know how to restart.
Sadly, Judging others is human nature. We all are guilty of it and we are judged everyday. But keep in mind that someones opinion of you is just that, an opinion. We shouldn't let it have any negative effect on us emotionally. An opinion in itself has no meaning or control over our lives and the only opinion that should hold any impact over you is the opinion you have of yourself.
(02-04-2017, 05:07 AM)Fullsinister Wrote: Sadly, Judging others is human nature. We all are guilty of it and we are judged everyday. But keep in mind that someones opinion of you is just that, an opinion. We shouldn't let it have any negative effect on us emotionally. An opinion in itself has no meaning or control over our lives and the only opinion that should hold any impact over you is the opinion you have of yourself.

You are right Fullsinister .
Club
START LOVING Yourself

I think there's a correlation between how much we judge people and thus how we care or think about people who judge us - i.e. if we are very judgemental about someones fashion sense, it could mean that we care more about what people think about our fashion sense and we are thus more self-conscious of what we wear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check this out...don't bother with selfish people who don't have time for you! Outcast 3 605 07-31-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  Do people become less interested in making friends with age? Tealeaf 8 1,534 06-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jafo
  what do you think gives people value? Nicholas 10 1,742 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Eternitydreamer
  Advice Encouraging People to be Fake michael2 17 1,744 04-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Meaw
  Do you just not meet people you like anymore? LonelySutton 36 7,006 04-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Jack Rainier
  Do some people just go through life friendless? Unliked? IceCastles 25 6,365 03-30-2017, 06:21 PM
  Am I better off alone? Reaching out to people who don't reach back. Gemmy 21 4,793 03-30-2017, 06:04 PM
  Are most people unreliable? Northern Lights 9 1,734 01-16-2017, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Rodent
  Triggered by coworkers bragging about ghosting people...lots of triggers... IceCastles 19 2,994 11-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Last Post: dd11
  not sure why i try talking to people haywud 11 2,429 10-23-2016, 03:23 AM
Last Post: nibbysaurus