Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Can't I post Youtube Vids?
I'm using the Youtube (opening) and backslash Youtube (closing) in square brackets codes, like I have for many years on forums like this.  It opens a little video window, but it is black, and if I click on the "play" symbol, I get "sorry, an error has occured."

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I'm doing something that is blindingly obviously stupid.
Oh, that happens to me but often it's a browser issue. I usually clean my cache/close the window and open a new one.
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe
You mean like this?

Don't use the button, it doesn't work right.  First copy your link using the Share button below each YouTube video, for the one above I had this link https://youtu.be/kkc3q0ESuaA   You have to type the code yourself [ youtube ]  Then paste your link removing the https://youtu.be leaving the rest so from my example above you'd be left with /kkc3q0ESuaA and then close it using [ /youtube ]  just without the spaces in the square brackets, I had to do that so you could see it. So you will have something like this, just with no spaces in it.

[ youtube]/kkc3q0ESuaA[/youtube ]

Your videos should then appear.
Thanks, but that's what I've done. I've done it on forums for a decade. I actually administrate a forum. Just doesn't work here, for some reason.

Test

Might happen if you leave space after "[yuotube]" and/or before "[/youtube]"
Also, Loaded, if i reply to your latest comment, it shows that the full url is included. That'd be why it does not work. Leave the youtube . com part out.
My work is never done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not seeing Youtube videos Arachne 7 2,252 10-09-2016, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Quoting people's post mack01 5 2,284 09-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  May I obtain a permission to post my alternative number? vng2015 5 10,096 12-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Last Post: vng2015
  new post filters mickey 7 1,883 04-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Last Post: gabriel20
  How to post pictures? MTrip 7 1,808 08-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Last Post: MTrip
Big Grin YouTube Bluey 23 3,453 09-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Antihero
  Do we allow guests to post? Bluey 7 1,580 01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Bluey