What do you like about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a lot of things about myself - my intellect, my emotional awareness and depth, my kindness and compassion, my boldness (sometimes) in the face of challenge and adversity, my tolerance and patience, my sense of humour, my empathy, my ability to listen and understand, my openness to new things and new people, my strength, tempered by my gentleness, even my inner dark side.

The problem is all these qualities seem to lead to is being alone most of the godamn time :(

Despicable Me said:
I like myself.... Everything.
I just wish other people did, too.

Yes I feel the same.
I think I am funny and easy going, charming, interesting. I could go on and on. Women seem to like up to a certain point but never enough.

I like that I won't change for anyone who feels I'm a bit of a ratbag. That doesn't mean I don't care; except I won't tolerate being messed with. My family and their welfare and happiness come first. As to my qualities, that's for others on the forum to decide.

Taking a part-quote from Delerium's Innocente lyrics:

You can't see my eyes,
you can't see my eyes. . ..
They don't see yours.
Hear me when I say,
"They don't mind at all".

I like being me, the idealist I am, even if it brings the lonelyness with it, as I also like my general fitness and the ability to take care of myself, and why I'm happy with myself mostly.

There was a time though I felt totally different, hated myself and felt sorry for myself most of the time, but what a loss of time.

I was in this thread for over five minutes before I could think of anything. :)

I would have to say that I like that I am a speed reader.

i like that i had the patience to read kant's critique of pure reason...it weirdly just made me more of an empiricist though, sorry kant i', not buying this transcendental idealism stuff

I like that I don't stay in a bad mood for too long, and that I am generally optimistic about everything.

I like that I can be a friend to anyone that needs one. Growing up I used to always stick with the outcasts, I didn't know what was so wrong with them. In high school, I made many friends with the in-crowd too. So I basically was United Nations for my peers. I like that I rather get to know someone instead of judging them.

i like my face and the cute vibe i seem to give out.. it makes people want to hug me and look after me lool and people find it easier to forgive my ditziness :shy: :p i like how racially ambiguous i am too

Latest posts

Back