What do you like about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so truthful that sometimes It hurt others but I can't help it, I don't know how to lie. But when it comes to some very very very serious matter (like matter of Life and death) then I don't know how could I handle that. Haven't faced that kind of situation yet. But I think I'll lie to save other from such misery even If it goes against my code.

I can be legitimately happy for people who got things I wanted and I try to treat love as love--nothing else.

I had a bit of a thing for a friend overseas who I started work on a novel with. He told me early on that while there were feelings between us he should go with a girl he met at the same time closer to home. It's not something I'm particularly upset about and I don't hold anything against either of them. I'm not in love with him and can't be with him physically, but she might be someday and can be there for him.

Obviously I would have liked that for myself, but I want him to be happy instead of alone after the divorce that lost him most of his social circle and she's an awesome girl who should be happy, too. There aren't a lot of things I appreciate about myself, but at least I can appreciate what I have to give in terms of honesty, simplicity, and care.

I'm a pretty funny guy, and I think I'm kind of smart.

With being funny, I think it's a defense mechanism for me and always has been. It's a way for me to steer conversations away from being uncomfortable for me. Many people have told me I'm quick witted, that I come up with stuff on the fly. If I wasn't so introverted, I imagine myself some kind of comic, or at least a hit at parties. I think I understand why most comics actually lead tragic lives and are miserable people. Robin Williams had a very dark side, Chris Farley, Belushi, etc... I think some of that was rooted in self-loathing.

As far as smart, I'm not so much book smart, as I am pop culture references smart and trivia smart and crossword/scrabble smart. Mostly because my constant companion throughout my life has been the TV. 44 years of soaking info in through the tube. People always tell me I need to go on a game show someday... can't, I'm too shy.

TheRealCallie said:
Caolan92 said:
I like my height, which can give me a commanding authority if I choose to stand up straight. I may have problems fitting onto airplanes, trains, buses, desks... but nobody can run me down in a crowd. Hugging short people is awkward, but hugging another tall person is amazing!

Just how tall are you? :O

6 ft 4 in :)

Posted by MisunderstoodVacancy - 05-30-2015 11:32 AM
I make other people look better by comparison

No negativity! I'm sure you're a lovely addition to a friendship. :)

--------

One of those love/hate characteristics about myself is that I tend to be brutally blunt. Not very good at sugarcoating my opinions. I never try to be outright mean, but if I feel something needs to be said, I'll make sure and do so.

The surprising bit is that the bulk of my friend base gives me very positive feedback on this behavior. I've had more than one person tell me, "I like that about you.... it means you're being honest."

Sometimes it gets to me, and I feel as if I'm being accidentally too harsh. Still, the positive feedback from friends has made me appreciate it more.

I'll consider it a strength. :)

Caolan92 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Caolan92 said:
I like my height, which can give me a commanding authority if I choose to stand up straight. I may have problems fitting onto airplanes, trains, buses, desks... but nobody can run me down in a crowd. Hugging short people is awkward, but hugging another tall person is amazing!

Just how tall are you? :O

6 ft 4 in :)

smiley-shocked008.gif
You are very tall indeed.

Fast thinker, well spoken & recent optimism. My smile too, kills me & a few others :)

Latest posts

Back