Anxiety turning into depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
Does anyone else become depressed after a period of anxiety? I've been anxious recently due to this girl I love who has a bf...but as I'm slowly getting over her, the anxiety is dieing down but I now have no energy and am completely bored. Similar patterns have happened before, my worst experiences in school such as being beaten up or whatever, I was extremely anxious after the incidents that they might happen again but after a while it turned into depression. I welcome depression right now though, after being anxious about feelings for this girl for so long, more relaxing than fear.

Hi Alex,

I have had anxiety also...I felt like I was constantly on the verge of exploding.
I can relate to you to some extent.
There was a time where I did welcome my sadness...constantly indulged myself in self-pity.

But after a while, the sadness seeps deeper and deeper.
And the deeper it seeps, the longer and harder it will take to heal.

It is not healthy and you don't deserve it my friend.
Many schools will have counselors available...have you tried talking to someone?

Though it isn't the be-all to your problems...having a listening ear does help.
Take care of yourself and chin up! :)

hey alex i have generalized anxiety disorder as well as some depression :(

and it's understandable that after your body has calmed down some, but if your still in a negative emotional state you would probably feel some depression, are you on any kind of medications that could help? i know antidepressants have kinda negative stigma, but they can help to make fell less depressed all the time and calm by increasing the amount of serotonin ( aka happy hormones, or happy neurotransmitters :p) in your brain

also the best thing for depression is excerisice

which i admit, doesn't seem all that fun, but once you actually get started, you feel good, plus you get endophins which is known as a runners high which makes you feel really really good

i hope things get better

*hugs*

:)

Hey Alex,

I suffered from OCD, which is an anxiety disorder, for years, still do at times, and I understand how you feel about anxiety being replaced by depression. Depression feels so much better than anxiety for me, too, but I think it would be unhealthy to let it continue just because of that. As evanescence suggested, I find exercising and being active helpful.

You might consider talking to a conselor, therapist or your friends and family.
I suffered from depression, anxiety, OCPD, PTSD and other crazy honeysuckle.lol

I'm ACOA. I've been mocked, kicked, slapped, spate on, used & abused, adandent
obpressed, ridiculed. To add more spices just for fun,...brime stone and hell fire got thrown at me too :p
No wonder I felT like honeysuckle and thought life sucked ass...

I don't recommend self medications...
My idea of that is to partayyyyy... hardie !!!!. Rock till I drop from the dark side of the moon
and into the out doors..lmao
If i was going to hell...I was going to go out with a bang !!! :p
It freaken stopped working :(

I got clean and sober at a very young age. That was the first thing I had to do.
None of the other stuff would had made sense to me if I was wacked out of my freaken mind.
Drugs and alcohol has crAZy side effects and I'm allergic to them...
I break out in a rash of insanity when I get high..lmao
It added more chaos and dystructions to my life.
It got to the piont of where i didn't cared if I lived or died.
Incomprehensible demorializations and I didn't really gave a honeysuckle oneway or the other at that stage.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Totally sueicidal again..
But i wake up the next day feeling depressed or in complete dispaired...and I really wanted to check the fresia out.
Anywho...First things first for me.....

Then I was able to work on other issuse..such as abandenment issues, grieving over lost of love onces,
being abused. I don't recommending doing it alone. Also at the samething i don't recommend not working
on them. I still attend my support group meetings today. I had a therapist in the first year of my recovery.

Poeple gave me living tools or coping skills in recovery. I work the 12 steps program and other programs.

There's wasn't a silver bullet for me...Not one particular thing worked. I had to do what works for me.
Excersice helps a lot. Eating a healthier diet helps. Meditation helps. Proper rest helps...LETTING GO...helps
Attending support group meetings helps. Talking to other people helps. Working on my issues helps.
Talking to the people I love very much, helps.

I still get anxiety attacks from time to time. i recognize the warning sings. I don't trip out too hard.
I try to just chill out. Sometimes it passes, other times it dosn't. But i don't freakout about it like I used to.
Sometimes I'll just pick up my guitar and play it...somtime that helps...other times it's all just fucken retarded no matter what I do.

Latest posts

Back