Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
So this year is coming to an end, how has it been for everybody ?

Myself ?

Regarding the ladies it's probably the most eventfull year I've had with loads going on. All of it crap by the way. The only good thing to come out of this year is my ability to deal with the bad things. I don't get as upset anymore, I accept these setbacks, I almost expect them to happen. Nothing surprizes me. I used to worry about bad things happening and think 'all I do is expect the worst' - in reality it's my gut instinct telling me what's going to happen. I am usually right !

On a positive note, I've played the best golf of my life this year. Got my handicap down to 4. Pleased about that !

Work has been hit and miss, health has been okay, family are well, finances are fine. I think that's it.

This year has been my transformation year.

I was and am lonely for this entire year, but next year I won't be!

Ak5 said:
This year has been my transformation year.

I was and am lonely for this entire year, but next year I won't be!

Good for you !:)

It started off lonely, sitting by my own in the stairs on New Year's Eve and it will most likely end that way.

My social fears have stayed the same, they may have gotten worse.

I did find a good therapist who is a very good warm person, that's the best to come out of this year for me.

pretty good overall

tons of accomplishments! some ground broken! and I don't think I'm finished yet! ;)

There's really only one HUGE negative, and that's in the fact that I've been waving goodbye (in my mind) to someone I once admired and wanted to be close friends with.

I think that you had a lot of good that happened to you this year too, putter. You had at least two girls interested in you, so if you consider that, its a **** good start.

IgnoredOne said:
I think that you had a lot of good that happened to you this year too, putter. You had at least two girls interested in you, so if you consider that, its a **** good start.

Well the two girls interested in me, both strung me along while they were sleeping with other guys. I don't know if that's better than having nothing happen at all.

putter65 said:
Well the two girls interested in me, both strung me along while they were sleeping with other guys. I don't know if that's better than having nothing happen at all.

Crap does happen, but there are positives. I think that at least one of them did give you a chance but then ended up sleeping with some other dude; you should realize that you did have an opportunity, but didn't quite pull it off. Which isn't to fault you at all, but you did have at least a decent opening there and without putting in that much effort at all.

That's gotta be worth something.

The most essential and loved person in my life died a horrible, lingering death from Stage 4 lung cancer, terrified beyond belief, unable to speak and choking to death on her own vomit, snot and blood.

That was on June 6th, so 2011 will go down as the worst year of my life - until another comes along and applies for the post!

It'd better be an impossibly destructive year, to qualify for taking that title!

For me, it was a taxing year. I was unemployed after graduation, aside from a few gigs which were godsent at the time...Also got one date going, even if it was a failure. But the rest of the year? I've had health problems ever since I started working at HellCo, which is doing it's part in sapping my physical and mental energy until I am an empty husk of a bitter, bitter man.

...Bitter.

IgnoredOne said:
putter65 said:

Crap does happen, but there are positives. I think that at least one of them did give you a chance but then ended up sleeping with some other dude; you should realize that you did have an opportunity, but didn't quite pull it off. Which isn't to fault you at all, but you did have at least a decent opening there and without putting in that much effort at all.

That's gotta be worth something.

The postives have been that I've asked three women out this year. ( I went 13 years without asking one !) The last two I did straight away without much thought or the usual six months of worrying.

Other positives: I actually went out on a date and coped with it, didn't feel over nervous, enjoyed it, did all the right things etc.

Also another positive is at the moment I not soley into one woman (one it is !), plenty of women are on my radar which I think is good !

Been a lot of ups and downs, seems more down then up. :( But life goes on and hopefully next year bears better fruit.

Comparatively good, I guess. I've been as lonely as ever, but I've also been taking small steps to improve my situation, rather than just sitting around and accepting things as they are. That's something positive, at least.

ensom said:
Comparatively good, I guess. I've been as lonely as ever, but I've also been taking small steps to improve my situation, rather than just sitting around and accepting things as they are. That's something positive, at least.

Excellent! :D

Crappy, pathetic year... I got rejected for the second time by a girl (friend of me for 3 years) who seems to be a lesbian... and I still can't seem to get over it. Still don't understand why her best friend would constantly tell me to kiss her knowing I had told her I liked her...

There is that and I'm also finishing college, after thinking for months I decided to drop out and continue my studies in courses. The decision was hard and I still have to tell my parents...

No girlfriend, no new friends... just an old blast from the past, a ex-friend who betrayed me insisting on wanting to hang out with me, had to tell him to stop calling, which was sad...

On the positive side, I think I continue to grow as a person, I know myself quite good by now I think... I feel now I'm in a point when I have to start making more adult, important decisions, which will determine my life... Next year is going to be very important so I began to plan it a while ago.

I understand more things now and it's funny, becose understanding that I realize there is a lot more I don't understand and that I need to learn. Mostly social stuff.

Just need to try harder to connect with the rest of this world...

The love of my life. Lots of changes. I quit my job in a bad economy to be with someone I love.
Nothing went perfect as planned. Lots of good times. Lots of bad times. I moved 6 to 7 times.
I droved thousands of miles, lived in different places, met interesting new poeple.
Lots of challenges. Lots twist and truns on this jorney.

Last week I drove another 1500 miles so Reane (my baby's mother) and I can be together, again.
Whatever it takes to be with the one I love and my family.
I'm grateful for her love and understanding.
She's totally awsume, sexy, drop dead goregous, and sweet.

Pics of her I took today..
No boobs shot this time.lol ( plenty pics of her boobs I posted already.lol)
Capture31.jpg

Latest posts

Back