2am and sleepings not happening

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim540

Reaction score
Well not for me anyway.
Everyone else in the house is snoring away.
I wish I lived in a big city. When I was in NYC you could go out and find something to do no matter what the time. Even if it was just a coffee shop.
Were I live theirs, nothing.

I just can't stand TV, have nothing to read and I have cleaned everything that I can.
Maybe I should go out side and cut the grass in the middle of the night just to kill time.
Any suggestions that won't bring the cops to my door?

I like the cutting the grass in the middle of the night idea, sure it would get the cops called but what an exciting night it would be. :p

I almost always suggest arts and crafts, you don't have to be good. Gather up all the tape, glue, markers, pens, stickers, paper, scissors, tooth picks, pasta, paint, rubber bands, recyclables, bags, old clothes etc...and have at it ,make a big mess, and then you will have something else to do when you have had your fill with the creative arts. Then you can post pictures of your creations. Come to think of it, thats a good idea for a thread....

Anyway good luck.

Jim, just be glad you don't have a senior parent to look after in addition to your insomnia. The only time I have to myself is after approx 9:30 PM, so I'm usually catchin up on chores, grocery shopping (24 hr grocery store down the street) painting/assembling scale models, walking the dog around the neighborhood in the wee hrs of the morning etc. etc. Yup, I just make the best of things in my current predicament... trouble is, I'm averaging about 5 hrs. sleep/24hrs. as I often don't crash 'til about 3-4 AM.

I'm w/ you, I don't care for tv much myself either.
and in ref to not having anything to read, if you're online, there's plenty to read... who reads books anymore? :p

Wish you well there.

- out here

I don't know your situation, but you are clearly not living on your own. If it is your parents you are living with, could you look for a way to move to a big city on your own to?
You could use long clippers to cut the grass as they wouldn't make any noise.

Latest posts

Back