38 never been in a relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo Baggins said:
Thanks I think the parallel that I draw from this is the cross cultural relationships are attractive and yet difficult. For Aragorn the was immense love but a well of sadness that his love would ultimately be a negative thing and that the differences between them would ultimately undo them or lead to sadness. Xenophobia?
That was the one love in the book that was a constant. Of course there is Sam Gamgee who's expectations and needs are a little less exotic and foreign and his wants small.
Not surprising that this attitude ought to arise if Tolkein was fearful of the foreigners being at war with people foreign to his land.
Is it a fair representation though. Are foreign girls OK for relationships. Their differences exotic and your eccentricities put down to the cultural divide perhaps?
Or should a Hobbit marry a Hobbit and Aragorn have stuck with a human afterall and not an elf. (The fact that he had some elven blood was neither here nor there he was considered human)
I think people are strange and if you find someone out of the billions on earth to connect to so be it and regardless of what race or culture hang onto that person for all you have.
Sorry hope that makes some sense.

You have a cool way of describing things. LOTR FTW! XD

Well you got about 30 years left to go.
Look for some chick your age to settle down and have kids.
Also your weight is good for working out so better get started.

Never too late to get on the horse my friend. Look past what you think is bad about you and look into what is good. You sound like an honest person. You don't sound like you want too much from Girls. You know where your problem lies. Looking good from here. You just need to set your mind up for positive things. Not negative. Don't think "What if a Girl thinks I'm ugly?" Think "What could me and a Girl do together" and then boom! You can go up and up!

That's how it was for me in school. I was always picked last or never at all. I was the kid who no one really payed much attention to,and I was pretty immature too. I believe that I will die a single man as well, because I don't see myself ever in a relationship at this point (even though I've been complimented on my personality and looks many times), I still just don't see it happening. The way society is now... It seems very unlikely.

Hi Shy!
I don't see any reason why, in time, you wouldn't be able to have a great relationship! But before that happens you definitely have to break through the block you wrote about.
You seem to be a thoughtful person.
I never know whether this type of situation is considered to be voluntary celibacy or involuntary celibacy. Anyone know the answer to that one???
Because you seem to be attracting some romantic attention from girls but then it's you holding yourself back from them. So are you voluntarily single because it's only yourself holding you back, or is in involuntary?
That's probably beside the point. Just something to consider maybe?

arkitek4 said:
I believe my friend you have a vocation. you should become a priest, being celibate is the life of priest and nuns that only a few can live in. based from your narration you are better being a priest than 30% of them because you have the will to stay away from a relationship and adhere to it like a saint.

Few people are called but only a handful are allowed in, and I guess you have what it takes to live the rest of your life in such a solitary life. but of course you may be into another religion or no religion, but give it a thought, a religious life or military one.

Anyway, I envy you for living such a life. No more distractions for you to distract you from performing your job and duties. I remember from the movie 'Joan of Arc' when she was asked dont you want to save your life joan? she answered 'it is not my body I wish to save, but my soul..' Doesn't matter what other people think of you, just do your best at work and the rest doesn't matter anyhow.

Someone told me that once. haha and i'm atheist. I told them "may as well became a nun." :club:

Unwanted94 said:
That's how it was for me in school. I was always picked last or never at all. I was the kid who no one really payed much attention to,and I was pretty immature too. I believe that I will die a single man as well, because I don't see myself ever in a relationship at this point (even though I've been complimented on my personality and looks many times), I still just don't see it happening. The way society is now... It seems very unlikely.

that may be true but you can still enjoy your life !

Nothing to stop you enjoying yourself, doing stuff, going places, learning things.

if it can be on any help, I am sure you are not ugly, but lots of really ugly people have relationships, so that is no excuse :) actually I can totally relate with what you say, because I am in a similar situation, sometimes that just happens, and one is in the wrong place at the wrong time once too many times (not sure if that is the truth for me, but it might be for you). But yes, ultimately, it is your choice if you close your heart and abandon all hope (my view of priests is really grim, sorry) or keep looking for fun, way to better yourself, and look out for love.

This is a poet I always disliked because too romantic, now I am beginning to understand what he means:

One day your heart will take you to your Lover.

One day your soul will carry you to the Beloved.

Don't get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.

- Molana Jalaluddin Rumi (RA)

LOL a nun guy :D actually I ve met one, but she was a guy before changing sex and becoming a woman and then a nun, so then she was not really a guy, well, that is beside the point :)

Latest posts

Back