A big step...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a few hours and I really like the sense of community you all seem to have. I'm not one to personally post on message boards or anything public on the Internet. However, I do think that being here will be beneficial for me and I hope that I can positively contribute to people's lives as well.

I'm 27, female, and I live in sunny southern California. I am also bipolar (specifically, bipolar I, mixed). I honestly hate introducing myself this way, but this (having bipolar disorder) has changed my entire life since 13. It consumes me--whether it be mania or depression (and oftentimes both, at the same time), so if I talk about it, it's only because my whole perception of life has revolved around this condition.

Whew. I'm glad I got that out of the way.

It's really difficult for me to describe myself because, well, I'm biased (whether it be negative or positive), so I usually have friends describe my attributes to get a clearer picture.

A good friend of mine once wrote this on a postcard:

(e) is:

- creative
- delightfully quirky
- mysterious
- free-spirited
- fun
- original

Long-winded, I know, but friendship (and relationships in general) is an ever-evolving and long-time learning experience. I hope to make some friends here on this journey. :)

Warmth and hugs,
- e.

Hey there,

I really like your introduction and I'm happy that you decided to join the forum. So welcome, I hope this place will serve you well! :)

/Terminus

Hi there Sacrificed_ink. That was an honest introduction and I'm sure you will find a positive response here. Enjoy the forum.

Terminus said:
Hey there,

I really like your introduction and I'm happy that you decided to join the forum. So welcome, I hope this place will serve you well! :)

/Terminus

Thanks for the warm welcome, Terminus! :)

I really like your signature and the blurb under your screen name ('a distant light'). My name actually means 'light-bearer' so I have a certain affinity with the sun and moon.

- eileen.

Nyktimos said:
Hi there Sacrificed_ink. That was an honest introduction and I'm sure you will find a positive response here. Enjoy the forum.

Wowie! Such a quick response! :)

Did you draw that picture on your profile? It looks awesome!

- eileen

Welcome to the forum :)

Latest posts

Back