A book I found on dating advice for women that is completely WRONG!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the book should be taken literally. Sounds like what she is trying to say is play hard to get which works for some guys but its a complete turn off to other. When it comes to dating there is no right or wrong. Everyone has their own preconceptions about how the opposite sex should and should not act. I for example would not initiate the first date because I want to know that the guy is really interested in me and if i initiate it first I know that some men would accept just in the hopes of gaining sex. Regardless of how ridiculous these books are they do play on the stereotypes of men and women and sometimes there is some truth to those.

If you never do this, and never do that, and never do anything, how are you supposed to be the dream girl? You don't do anything.

Hi-
I wasn't going to necro-post on this thread but since others have, I'll jump in too :)
I've heard of advice books like this and there is some grain of truth in what they're saying. I think the extreme "never" do this and "always" do that is tongue in cheek but the context is that men like the thrill of the chase. If you're a woman throwing yourself at guys, where's the challenge in that? Another thing they say is that we women need to GET A LIFE and stop waiting around for a guy to "complete" us. Who wants to date someone who doesn't have any interests or hobbies or isn't engaging to talk to? I feel if I'm willing to drop everything at the drop of a hat to meet a guy tonight for drinks or whatever, then I must not have anything interesting to do in the first place. Boring! Plus, call me old-fashioned, but I don't ask guys out. I want to know that a guy is interested in me before going out with him. If he's not calling, he's not interested!

Teresa

If you dont want to be dumped ask a shy guy out, they never get dates with women because less than 1% of women ask guys out on a date, also they will most likely say yes. lol :p

I think that lady wanted to earn some cash. She is actually clever...I do have alot of ideas about how to make a guy run away from you, too. (not that I've tried, ha ha :p )

Dante112 said:
I'd like to share this with all of you. I randomly found this. The publishing date is 2002, so this is relatively recent and modern advice. Here it is:

Title: STOP GETTING DUMPED!: All you need to know to make men fall in love with you
Author: Lisa Daily (never heard of her, and she offers no credentials of any kind)

The book is, obviously, geared toward single women. Here is the advice she offers:

NEVER call a man
NEVER offer a man your phone number unless he asks you
NEVER return a man's phone calls
NEVER ask a man for a date
NEVER get the bill
ALWAYS be the dream girl

/facepalm x a million.

This Lisa Daily person obviously doesn't know about the whole feminist/sufferage movement and is very much against equal rights.

Latest posts

Back