a Dr. Pepper fanatic addict

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexanAndes

Reaction score
I had to wait until I was very, very tired and pretty **** sleep deprived before I could bring myself to click the button to start this.

Looking back on my life it seems like a dark combination between A Series of Unfortunate Events and Runaway Bride. The first time I watched Runaway Bride (I was much younger) I thought Julia Roberts' character was CRAZY for running the wrong way down the aisle. Turns out I have a similar reaction, much to my chagrin.

After being moved back and forth as a kid (involuntarily due to parents' job situations), and then choosing to continue the tradition as a teenager... I don't speak to anyone in my family, I'm going to school in a state I despise and never lived in, working with people in a company and in a field I would never normally have any interest in, and I have no friends to speak of.

After living with chronic pain and emotional problems most of my life, after escaping the life I knew I've finally been able to place my fingers on legitimate physical issues, have them treated... and I'm doing much better. All that's left is just... the dysfuctional me.

Crazy, right? I'm young, smart, "going places," everything should be turning up daisies. I was always impatient to turn 18, to get out of the house, be on my own... turns out being independent and "on your own" can ruin any tiny kind of social life you ever had. People keep telling me to "try new things," there isn't much I don't hate more. It took me a long time to build my shell, and I've finally gotten the interior decorating *just* right. Anytime I even think about going somewhere or doing something without the person I live with, a tiny anxiety attack ensues and I don't move a muscle.

Got past that little hiccup this time ;-)

Ye ironically enough living on your own and having your own place gives you less freedom cos you have no money to do anything.
I guss knowing that is all apart of growing up.

Maybe its time to decorate again?
sounds like you are friendly so I hope you make some friends here.
There is ppl here that understand what its like to have anxiety about going out.

Welcome here and I hope things start looking up for you :)

Latest posts

Back