A good friend of mine is thinking about ending it all...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfe

Reaction score
She is one of my few friends. She has been having some issues with several things in her life. I try to raise her spirit and I try with everything I have to make her believe there is something to look forward to. Life will go on, even if you like it or not right? I mean I am just concerned about her. Really I am, I just I am not sure what to do. I would be broken if she ever did anything to harm herself. Any advice I sure do need it.

Detach emotionally or it'll drive you fucken nutz.
You can't fix her. You can't even promise her it'll get better.

You can let her know that you love and care for her, however you can not lose yourself into her.

There are many ways you can look at this...
Just like a butterfly...(the power of struggle)
A buttfly fly will struggle out of it's cacoon. You can't interupt this process. You have to allow the butterfly to struggle.
You can not touch a butterfly's wings for it will not be able to fly if you do.
In the process of struggle ...the butterfly is actaully gaining strength in it's wings so that it may fly.

Sometimes it's darkess before daylight.

Just a bird will kick it's offsprings out of the nest...in the process of free falling the young chick will spread it's wing and fly..
Some offsprings are slower learner than others..they hit the fucken ground first, then they go "oh honeysuckle...i have fucken wings" :p

There's opportunity in chaos...Some people that have a hard time in life or hitted sometype of bottom will
restructure themselves at the core..it's sort of like a death and getting reborn again.
Restructure is a natural process of life...there's actaully nothing wrong with your friend.

What your friend wants to end is the current condition in her life...not her life.

They will no longer see the world through rose coloure glasses or be pualiana like.
They will also get to that piont of loving themsleves at the core...

Most, if not all recoverying alcholics or drug addicts gose through simalar experinces...they hit sometype of buttom...then they change.
Most new comers in recovery wanna fucken kill themsleves.lol
As a person continue in recovery...they also hit many other mental and emotional bottoms...then they change.
Most old timers in recovery wanna kill themselves on a fucken tuseday:p
On a fucken Wensday..they're happy as can be.lmao

My sponsor dose the samething to me...he will let me sit in my own bullshit for as long as I want or chose to. (He won't fix me or even give me advice. He just let me know
that he loves and care about me very much) In the process of smelling my own bullshit....I go "oh honeysuckle...this fucken stinks...I need to change.lol"
It helps when he has a sense of humar...He tells me jokes all the time...sometimes jokes about himself for being retarded.lmao
He's a medical doctor...they tell alot of funni ass jokes during life and death surgeies.lol
He also knows...it's a life and death situation for me too....
Being able to laugh at myself is healing. It's being able to accept myself or self acceptence.

Life is forever changing...changes are coming wheather we like it or not.
Just like the differnent seasons in my life.

Growing pain is tempoary...yet, growth is continuous.

There's some old writting on the walls by ancients humans.
It's call the WHEEL of LIFE.
At the 12 O clock position...a person will be on top of the world.
At the 6 O clock position..a person will be down and out...sometimes losing everything (at this posistion most people wanna fucken die or check the fresia out.lol)
If a person allow him/herself to go through this process ...without getting judge or getting fix...gradually a person will start back on the up swing of life again.
In this process a person will learn to stand on his/her own 2 feet....At the core. Self supporting...such as loving themselve and not judging or condeming themselve.
Then it expands outward from the inside out. His/her self worth/esteem will increase.
A person can go through many, many cycle on the wheel of life..hitting many bottoms and also being on top of the world many many times.
This too shall pass....the good times and the bad times. Let go...let all of it go.

Well, here's a bit of advice that you may not know.

Generally speaking, when a person is talking about suicide a LOT, they aren't in the danger zone yet. They're thinking about it, and maybe even considering doing it...but here's when you need to be worried:

When your friend is deeply depressed and then, suddenly, out of nowhere, she's totally content and seems to be at peace. THAT is the dangerous zone...it means that she's finally decided to end it and she's planned it out, and is GOING to do it. Often when I person finally puts their suicide plan in motion, they become peaceful...like a weight has lifted from their shoulders because they know it will all be over soon.

So if she's still just talking about it, then you're probably OK. Just keep trying to talk her out of it and emphasize how much she means to you. But if she suddenly turns peaceful or content, then FOR GOD'S SAKE don't leave her alone.

----Steve

I think the most important thing would be to be there for her, someone she can talk to, and be with so she doesn't have to be alone

if things real bad, make sure she's talking with a professional so she can get some help with her depression

try to keep an eye on her signs that one is planning to check out early is that they make a sudden change of appearance such as dying their hair or getting it cut real short as well as giving away their possessions away
let her know how much you care for her and how much it would hurt you if she hurt herself

goodluck

*hugs*

:)

Badjedidude said:
So if she's still just talking about it, then you're probably OK. Just keep trying to talk her out of it and emphasize how much she means to you. But if she suddenly turns peaceful or content, then FOR GOD'S SAKE don't leave her alone.

----Steve

VERY VERY VERY true!

this is dead right.

listen, talk is ok - be there and listen.
the minute she goes silent or seems like she has found peace - then is the time to not let her out of your sight.

Lonesome Crow said:
Detach emotionally or it'll drive you fucken nutz.
You can't fix her. You can't even promise her it'll get better.

You can let her know that you love and care for her, however you can not lose yourself into her.

There are many ways you can look at this...
Just like a butterfly...(the power of struggle)
A buttfly fly will struggle out of it's cacoon. You can't interupt this process. You have to allow the butterfly to struggle.
You can not touch a butterfly's wings for it will not be able to fly if you do.
In the process of struggle ...the butterfly is actaully gaining strength in it's wings so that it may fly.

Sometimes it's darkess before daylight.

Just a bird will kick it's offsprings out of the nest...in the process of free falling the young chick will spread it's wing and fly..
Some offsprings are slower learner than others..they hit the fucken ground first, then they go "oh honeysuckle...i have fucken wings" :p

etc.

LC that was a damned good post :)

I went through the same with a friend of mine. Talked him out of it but it was touch and go at times. Remind them of any reason to live and yeah, never let them get too far away. Hang in there ;)

Latest posts

Back