A letter from a mother with a gay son-*caution advised*

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
driftboy87 said:
But the people aggravate this times 1000. Rude, ignorant as hell townies. Plenty have never even been as far west as New York State. They hate themselves because they live in such a shitty area, and they take it out on themselves, each other, and ESPECIALLY unfamiliar people. Rude comments, backstabbing behavior and pissiness towards their fellow ******** briefly takes their mind off their boring, empty lives.

My experience growing up in New England was much different from yours. :(

driftboy87 said:
If the Red Sox tour bus were to crash, I think we would lose about two thirds of the population to suicide, and the rest would require heavy lithium therapy until Patriots season starts.

This did make me laugh though.

driftboy87 said:
Well, I guess it depends on the state. Maybe all of New England was an overgeneralization, but Massachusetts is by far the most miserable place I've ever lived in. Eastern CT isn't far behind.

I'm from northeastern CT, actually. lol

driftboy87 said:
It's not just me either.

Ok, so it's not just you, but I know I'm not alone in loving the area. Chacun à son goût. :p

This really stood out to me. I have known gay people and I know they have a hard time with how heterosexual people treated them. I don't understand why people that are so religious seem to hate and despise people who are different. Love thy neighbor? I think not. They are a bunch of hypocrites if I may say.

Wolfe said:
Love thy neighbor? I think not. They are a bunch of hypocrites if I may say.

True...though you must remember that not ALL religious people are this way.

Speaking only of Christianity, I'd say from my personal experience that only around 10% (or less) of Christians actually correctly understand and practice the Christian theology and philosophy of life. They just don't get it because they've never really deeply studied it, or worse...their pastor doesn't actually teach the Bible. Unfortunately many pastors these days are pussies and only tell their congregations what they want to hear; empty platitudes to convince them all that they're going to heaven...and that's not how Christianity works!

I do have quite a bit of knowledge in this area. My dad is a pastor (and the good kind, if I do say so myself), so I've grown up watching the inner workings of several Christian churches and I've been around a LOT of "Christians" throughout my life. So yeah, I'd say that unfortunately most Christians talk the talk and don't actually walk the walk.

A Christian is supposed to hate the sin and love the sinner....that means treating gay people like anyone else, and even understanding that they DO INDEED have the right to happiness and fair treatment. People just get so emotionally enraged about issues like homosexuality and gay marriage because they're ignorant of what a true Godly attitude would be...and how would they know if they've never actually studied the Bible?

I dunno...I just think that these people should either stop calling themselves Christians or they should take a ******* chill pill.

Lol rant over. It just bugs me...because even though I'm not particularly super-religious myself, I hate to see so many hypocrites messing up what truly is a loving and honestly good religion.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Wolfe said:
Love thy neighbor? I think not. They are a bunch of hypocrites if I may say.

True...though you must remember that not ALL religious people are this way.

Speaking only of Christianity, I'd say from my personal experience that only around 10% (or less) of Christians actually correctly understand and practice the Christian theology and philosophy of life. They just don't get it because they've never really deeply studied it, or worse...their pastor doesn't actually teach the Bible. Unfortunately many pastors these days are pussies and only tell their congregations what they want to hear; empty platitudes to convince them all that they're going to heaven...and that's not how Christianity works!

I do have quite a bit of knowledge in this area. My dad is a pastor (and the good kind, if I do say so myself), so I've grown up watching the inner workings of several Christian churches and I've been around a LOT of "Christians" throughout my life. So yeah, I'd say that unfortunately most Christians talk the talk and don't actually walk the walk.

A Christian is supposed to hate the sin and love the sinner....that means treating gay people like anyone else, and even understanding that they DO INDEED have the right to happiness and fair treatment. People just get so emotionally enraged about issues like homosexuality and gay marriage because they're ignorant of what a true Godly attitude would be...and how would they know if they've never actually studied the Bible?

I dunno...I just think that these people should either stop calling themselves Christians or they should take a ******* chill pill.

Lol rant over. It just bugs me...because even though I'm not particularly super-religious myself, I hate to see so many hypocrites messing up what truly is a loving and honestly good religion.

----Steve

Yeah you are right sorry got a little out of line there

I have known (not through choice) many bigoted people, and quite honestly I can't even listen to them any more.

There's one guy who I sometimes have the misfortune of bumping into at my local pub who is anti-gay, anti-diversity, racist, prejudiced etc. Basically he's against everything that doesn't fit in with his blinkered, tunnel-vision outlook.

Whenever he starts talking I walk away as I can no longer tolerate hearing that kind of bullshit. I don't care what colour, race, sexual-orientation somebody is just as long as they are doing no harm.

There's some real scumbags out there who will use any excuse to do what they do best (being scum) and then you get the sheep that follow in their wake because it gives them something to be nice and indignant about. I'm not sure which is worse but there is no rational justification in participating in a movement that drives people into suicidal dispair.

Latest posts

Back