A little annoyed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mermaid11

Reaction score
This thread has been wonderful so far but I must admit I'm a little upset right now. One member on here sent me a rather abusive message because I didn't reply to a message he sent me stating 'I clearly didn't give a f... About him', the content of the message was quite serious and I was still thinking of a response. As a result ive been added to his 'ignore' list and told not to post on his threads. I think there are a couple of people that need to realise its a forum and should not take the place of a therapist.

Idk the other person's side but I agreewith you. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Hopefully it'll blow over at some point.

ALL is like anywhere else on the Internet. There are people here who take things entirely too personally and will jump at any perceived slight; it's best to just ignore them. I've had far worse PMs over my years here and you've just got to put them (and the people that wrote them) out of your mind and be safe in the knowledge that you're better off without them.

People tend to overreact here sometimes so I wouldn't get too upset over it.

I think this has happened to a lot of people here, but what do you gain by posting this thread?

Is it a "fresia you" back at him or something? (Not saying it is, not saying it isn't, just asking)
Is it to try to explain to him what happened, since you can no longer PM him?

But yeah, people here are overly sensitive sometimes, it kind of goes with the nature of the forum.

I'm sorry that you experienced this.

It sounds as though the guy was feeling badly hurt after opening up to you and not getting a reply within his expected timescale.

People do these things when they feel defensive and need to protect themselves.

I hope he reads this and understands that you needed some time to respond to his message.

Best bet is put him on your ignore list and forget about it.
We all can't get on.

mermaid11 said:
This thread has been wonderful so far but I must admit I'm a little upset right now. One member on here sent me a rather abusive message because I didn't reply to a message he sent me stating 'I clearly didn't give a f... About him', the content of the message was quite serious and I was still thinking of a response. As a result ive been added to his 'ignore' list and told not to post on his threads. I think there are a couple of people that need to realise its a forum and should not take the place of a therapist.

I think he jumped to conclusions that you didn't care about him due to your delay in responding. If we're not careful about things we can get caught up in stories that color our thoughts. But these stories aren't always the truth.

There are quite a few people I care about that I have not responded to immediately, for some of them it's been a long time. I have a couple reasons. One is that I don't feel like I have enough time to compose a proper, well-thought-out response. I don't like responding to messages when I feel rushed, because then sometimes I forget things or I just phrase my messages badly.

Another reason is that I am either angry, sad, anxious, or just overall upset about something, and I don't want to bring them down with my bad mood. Therefore, I wait until I am feeling better to respond. However, sometimes this can take days, weeks, months even (though I am trying to get back to all my messages TODAY!)

Either way, I don't like to respond when I feel I'm not able to give the message my undivided attention.

It's too bad what happened, Mermaid. This is exactly why people should be more patient with texting and messaging, and realize that there are many reasons why someone doesn't reply immediately. I try to remember this when I catch myself starting to worry about this same situation.

high school games
Do you really care if you can post in their threads ?
I say fresia them ...but I would put them on ignore as well LOL

mermaid11 said:

If you have a problem, please feel free to message any of the mods. This will be closed for the simple fact that we don't allow private matters to be publicly aired. If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back