A Lonely Life Singles Club (Hugs 'n Kisses)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your support :)

Oceanmist23; I met her online. And then dated her in real life. I find it extremely difficult to approach women in real life and ask them out. It's always been easier arranging a date onlineand then meeting on common ground on a first date (ie. restaurent or café)

bjarne said:
Single for 2 months, after a 2 1/2 year on/off relationship where we've lived together twice. **** I hate moving :-(
Before that not really single for that long, but before that, I was single for many years :(

The worst part about being single, is not really the fact that I'm single, it's the fact that I've been used to having somebody. Now it's hurting.

I have no bloody idea how to go out and meet women again. Nor when I really would want to...

Guess I'l just dedicate myself to work :(

Hi there.
Sorry that you're going through a break up. They often seem to leave a distinct sense of bewilderment when they happen. And yeah, it really sucks to be alone when you're used to having someone.
Tossing yourself into your work isn't a bad idea either. It's what I did to help me begin to function normally after I got divorced about ten years ago. I immersed myself into my work for a long time. Then one day, our of nowhere, it suddenly dawned on me that I was ready to begin again. Now, ten years later, I've been married for five years, have a three year old daughter and a wonderful husband.
Just give yourself some time to heal and wait until you feel like you're ready to open yourself up to someone again.

Good luck and take care.

bjarne said:
Thank you for your support :)

Oceanmist23; I met her online. And then dated her in real life. I find it extremely difficult to approach women in real life and ask them out. It's always been easier arranging a date onlineand then meeting on common ground on a first date (ie. restaurent or café)

Same here. Meeting someone online is the only way I've ever had the nerve to meet someone. I haven't even been on a date in my life, just straight into a relationship cos it's all evolved too much online lol.

Anyway, I hope you have some time to visit the forum and chat more often. It's nice to see you here :) Wish you all the best :)

*Klem*

I've been single for almost 3 years since my husband left me. We'd been together for 12 years when he walked out on me for a blonde from his band. I feel like a humiliating cliché: the wife is always the last to know, husband leaves as a part of a mid-life crisis etc.

Since then I've dated a bit but haven't had another relationship. The more time passes, the more I think I'll probably end up dying alone. The inertia builds, it's harder to break out of it, and I actually get used to being by myself. That's not to say that I enjoy it, but I can see it solidifying as my future.

I detest the bar scene, and online dating is just as fraught with players (of both sexes) it's all just "Ugh." So for now I am sad about it, but not bitching about it if you know what I mean.

Single since well forever.. I kinda freaked out when this guy got really close awhile ago.. I guess Im so used to being single and I think I'll do everything wrong.

Still afflicted with Perpetual Singularity Syndrome. I don't think I'm contagious anymore, though.

bjarne said:
The worst part about being single, is not really the fact that I'm single, it's the fact that I've been used to having somebody. Now it's hurting.

I hear you. When my marriage ended (after 9 years of marriage/ 12 years together), it was a shock to the system, no longer having someone in the bed next to me, or knowing that if I was in trouble I knew he'd be there. Just getting used to the emptiness in the house when the kids are at his place was extremely hard.

In a weird way, it was like having some invisible limb amputated or something.

Planning to die alone, with the words "Thanks for Nothing" engraved on a hand shaped headstone with the middle finger extended.

Twitchy said:
Planning to die alone, with the words "Thanks for Nothing" engraved on a hand shaped headstone with the middle finger extended.

If i die alone or not - i want that awesome sounding headstone.

Twitchy said:

I do like your "take no prisoners" attitude. When contemplating the right message for a headstone, especially if you've had troubles, it's hard to avoid the passive-aggressive quotes.

Oh, if you meant a middle finger at God, i would have engraved "Thanks for Nothing, WORLD, Not You, God" :p

ive been single just about a month now and ****! does it still hurt. were still friends which gives me hope, but sometimes if i call her and she dosnt pick up i think the worst. i wanna know how it was so easy for her to let go of what we had, which i was hoping was alot......

Been single my whole life. I've had a few "experiences" but never a gf. Still chasing after that unicorn.

Well, I have to join, like many been single my whole life(20 years, Yes I know its young). I really don't have any female friends or talk to any females at all, I always feel intimidated by them and that they are judging me. I guess a possible reason is that I essentially talk to girls as I do to my male friends (And when i look at it like that it really is no wonder why I am in the situation i am in.LOL)
But, I have to say sometimes being single does not bother me, I don't have to worry about other people and the total b-honeysuckle and drama that comes along with a gf and how friendships can be ruined, however, of late it has been bothering me more and more. But I've convinced my self ill be in my situation for a long time, so i better get used to it he he he.

I'm back in the club :D
It's a shame i'm too much of a ***** to be in the woman hating club :p

Van Hooligan X said:
Punisher said:

:( pun i'm so sorry to hear that

but look on the brightside

we're going to moscow, russia now =D

ooops! i wish i didn't say anything now.

It was just a misunderstanding, well it wasn't, but everything is fine now :D

But hey, we can still go to Russia, but i'll only be enjoying view, while you go work your magic :cool:

Punisher said:
Van Hooligan X said:
Punisher said:

:( pun i'm so sorry to hear that

but look on the brightside

we're going to moscow, russia now =D

ooops! i wish i didn't say anything now.

It was just a misunderstanding, well it wasn't, but everything is fine now :D

But hey, we can still go to Russia, but i'll only be enjoying view, while you go work your magic :cool:

true, i doubt russia being the largest country and having 11 time zones is big enough for the van's ego (h)

Lol, i spoke too soon :D. I'm glad i'm not a woman hater, but i wish i was more of a twat and shagged every girl that wanted it in the past. Because being a "nice guy" gets you absolutely nowhere. But at least now i can go to my friend's (the first girl i ever kissed) new house and not worry about her coming on to me again. I seen her on one of my late night walks a few weeks ago, and when she asked me to come over when ever i want to, i thought to myself "no way... Marissa would kill me" :p but now i can just say fresia it!

So yeah, i'm back in the club, but i'm gonna try be more of a twat from now on... It might stop me from getting trampled on like a piece of honeysuckle. Not just by women, this is the first time a woman broke my heart, but by people in general. Slipknot were right when they said "People = honeysuckle" :cool:

Latest posts

Back