A new social ronin here :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SocialRonin

Reaction score
Posted this in the sticky thread and saw we can make our own threads, so this is a copy paste job:

Hello... I'm new here. 39 years old, male, born and raised in the US from a minority immigrant family. I've had difficulty all my life with social anxiety... it's gotten better through the years. I have family members who are very close and some awesome nieces and a nephew who bring me joy. I have one very good friend. There are a lot of people who regard me as a friendly person, but I don't have many strong friendships or people I spend time with outside of work or business. And I've never had a girlfriend... I'm a year away from becoming the title character of that Steve Carrell movie. I was 32 years old when that movie came out and didn't think I'd be cutting it this close. I try not to let that bother me, but of course, it does. I've reflected a lot on loneliness. I consider myself something of an expert, but really, it's something no one is interested in or cares to hear about. Except for perhaps you folks. I look forward to being able to share some of these thoughts with a receptive audience. Smile

Well for what its worth i loved that movie he was hillarious in it. I hope you find some peace and meaningful connections with people during your stay here. Welcome to ALL, glad to have you with us.

Welcome SocialRonin :) I'm new here too! Hope you find what you need here

Latest posts

Back