A old friend of mine just got released from prison for 2nd Murder

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alienated

Reaction score
This guy and his girl friend that I used to hang out with, hell they were my only friends on the planet in 2005. Just 3 hours after they left my house, he got high and shot her in the chest with a shot gun.
He was sentenced to 20 years for 2nd. degree murder, I just checked to see if he was still there, And He is NOT !! At least he doesn't know where I live now... He only served 8 years of a 20 years sentence, for freaking MURDER... What the Hell !!

What are the details though? They were both high and maybe he wasn't tying to kill her. Could have been an accident.

Was it ever released on "why" he did it? :/

I know someone who was wrongfully put in prison for a year, and now is on a lovely probation and NEVER allowed to cross borders, in fact for the next few years must stay in the same city...

Then I read about people like... Mass murderers and pedophiles getting out on "good behavior". WTF?! I don't care if they were all buddy buddy with other convicts, they did terrible things :(

this stuff happens all the time all over the world.
I know a guy that I used to hang out with in school, and he got into a coke-fueled argument with his girlfriend, end up killing her.. I think it was by stabbing her, then he lit the bedroom on fire and jumped in his car and headed out of town.
he didn't make it too far before he got captured by police.
then it was maybe 5 years later another mutual friend tells me that he got a phone message from him, and he was already out of jail!!
I mean.. what does it take?

:club:

Normally you only serve HALF your sentence inside and the other half outside on license, but you can get even more time knocked off for good behavior when in prison.

Bah. I know somebody who assaulted a baby. For the month that baby lived, he had liver lacerations, broken ribs, broken femur, areas of his brain were bleeding and swelling. The guy only got sentenced to 4 years. The system is screwed up.

newguy said:
What are the details though? They were both high and maybe he wasn't tying to kill her. Could have been an accident.

Here is a blog about it
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24676

I just really think it's interesting that NOBODY noticed my only two friends in the world , one died and the other killed her. Thanks for the compassion ... NOT !!

So he ended up shooting her "accidentally" after wanting her to realize she wanted to live...?

Senamian said:
So he ended up shooting her "accidentally" after wanting her to realize she wanted to live...?

Well it's a long story, and I know more about it than anyone. But the police never questioned me. Just 3 days prior to that, I offered to buy her a bus ticket to get away, because she was scared for life. She was to scared stupid to try, and start a new life.

It was because of that murder, I tried to starve myself to death, and spent the last 7 years in isolation. He killed a part of me too that night. That devastated me , and I was all alone on Earth, and have been ever since.

He was stoned out of his mind on Meth... I don't believe he deliberately shot her, but he took the drugs ! And I have letters from him from prison, begging me to feel sorry for HIM !! And then he got all mad because I wouldn't write him back.... He wasn't sorry at ALL !!
He was very abusive to her, but she was abusive to him too.... I was actually trying to counsel them on their relationship. Trying to get them to understand each others needs. May HE ROT !!

That makes more sense - meth, along with all hard drugs are something to avoid. I have warned anyone I have had to live with... "Bring that crap into my house and I will call the cops on you without any remorse". And I stand by it. Want to smoke weed? Go toke outside at a friend's place. Don't care. But anything else... Like E, cocaine or meth... Be ready to be serving jail time - for everyone's safety.

He mind was messed right up... So it really does make sense. And having an abusive relationship didn't help the situation either. He left his friends (and perhaps family) behind when he took those drugs. I don't blame you for not wanting any contact with him.

It's not drugs that are the problem... Drugs are the solution people turn to for their problems.

The problem is people are selfish, apathetic pigs.. especially when they are sober... That's why I stay in isolation.
There is No sincerity, no genuine concern, no humanity left.. only actors

Bill Cosby was once sitting at a bar, and the guy next to him laid out a line of Cocaine. So Bill asked him why he uses that stuff ? And he said it Enhances his personality..... So bill asks....

What if you are a ASS-HOLE ?

Hahaha Bill Cosby... :p

I can be sincere. And genuinely concerned. But, hard to be when people don't want your concern or sincerity. Some can be so confusing lol. I just stick to online conversations more than in person :p All the good people moved away.

Senamian said:
Hahaha Bill Cosby... :p

I can be sincere. And genuinely concerned. But, hard to be when people don't want your concern or sincerity. Some can be so confusing lol. I just stick to online conversations more than in person :p All the good people moved away.

Yeah I can relate to some of that, but because something is hard to do, doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Because that's what the people that don't care do, so what's the difference.

The good people I knew didn't move away. They are dead ! And now so am I.

Well I work retail and such, so I kind of have no choice but to show I care (more than I can say for some people who are there just for the money...). Naturally, I am a caring person. Only a handful have seen me completely cold and unmoved - but, that was when someone shoved me a lil' too far and I had enough.

Well, that sucks worse than someone moving away. You're not dead - just... (thinking of a word).... .... Removed from society. (Which may not exactly be a bad thing considering how society is... hopefully that did not come out wrong!)

Yes I know your trying to help, it's just him being released is incomprehensible. She was my friend, and he killed her. And the treatment I have gotten from people that say they care, is even more disgusting to me. I could tell you stories, that would make your avatar roll over dead.

I have had neighbors throw dead rats at me, if I walked out my door. And their 10 year old kids threaten to shoot me. And you want to know why ? Because I saved a girls life in the parking lot, when her drug dealer split her skull open on the pavement, and left her for dead.

I used to be a nice very gentle man, that only cared about helping other people... Now I don't dare try to help...
So YES that person I used to be is dead, I hate myself, I hate society, I hate my country, I hate life. And I don't see any hope in anything changing for the better.

The only communication I have with another human being is on a freaking lap top, I haven't heard another life human voice since May. And that was my land lady bitching at me, because she just lost her job. And then this Thread wasn't even about the stupid prison system, or even about drugs ..... It was about me being reminded of the only 2 friends in the world I lost in such a horrible way. But nobody gives a **** about that.

Wow where you live definitely is shitty. Like... Beyond shitty. For being a good person... You were treated like crap? That, I cannot comprehend.

I personally think it is horrible what happened. It's not the same, seeing it on TV watching strangers get hauled off... It really is different when it happens to people you personally know.

Alienated said:
Thread wasn't even about the stupid prison system, or even about drugs ..... It was about me being reminded of the only 2 friends in the world I lost in such a horrible way. But nobody gives a **** about that.

Alienated said:
He was sentenced to 20 years for 2nd. degree murder, I just checked to see if he was still there, And He is NOT !! At least he doesn't know where I live now... He only served 8 years of a 20 years sentence, for freaking MURDER... What the Hell !!

Im afraid that part of your original post made it look very much like you had a bone to pick with the criminal justice system. Pleas don't start taking people here to task because it was easy to think (by your post) that at least half of what you wrote was about the justice system.

However, since you're pointed out the crux of your issue, Im sorry that you lost the only friends you had at the same time. Losing one would be bad enough...I can't imagine losing them both at the same time and in such a horrid way.

Thanks Eve, I guess your right about the OP. I just didn't know how to put what I was trying to say. Right now I am really screwed up over it. Even 8 years later... It just seems so unreal. I am not even sure how I feel.

Latest posts

Back