A old friend of mine just got released from prison for 2nd Murder

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alienated said:
Yes I know your trying to help, it's just him being released is incomprehensible. She was my friend, and he killed her. And the treatment I have gotten from people that say they care, is even more disgusting to me. I could tell you stories, that would make your avatar roll over dead.
I have had neighbors throw dead rats at me, if I walked out my door. And their 10 year old kids threaten to shoot me. And you want to know why ? Because I saved a girls life in the parking lot, when her drug dealer split her skull open on the pavement, and left her for dead.
I used to be a nice very gentle man, that only cared about helping other people... Now I don't dare try to help...
So YES that person I used to be is dead, I hate myself, I hate society, I hate my country, I hate life. And I don't see any hope in anything changing for the better.
The only communication I have with another human being is on a freaking lap top, I haven't heard another life human voice since May. And that was my land lady bitching at me, because she just lost her job. And then this Thread wasn't even about the stupid prison system, or even about drugs ..... It was about me being reminded of the only 2 friends in the world I lost in such a horrible way. But nobody gives a **** about that.
Society is never happy. Do something good everybody hates you. Do nothing everybody hates you. However, just not as much as if you did something good.

I think what was meant to be said: Is society is never happy, even when you do something good... Or, if you do nothing good at all. It always seems to be doing good gets worse reactions then doing nothing sometimes. (That is what I got from it?)

Though I find either way it seems to be a lose lose. Do something, don't do something... There'll ALWAYS be someone who has a bone to pick.

OK.. I wasn't sure ? I didn't see how he could speak for everybody. And besides I don't see allot of hate when I do go out. It's more like zombie Apathy... but hell I don't know because the opposite of love is not hate.... It's apathy...

I'm just so messed up right now, I'm having to make some decisions.... But nothing makes sense, up is down, left is right, and right is WRONG... But I'm seriously considering just giving up on society as a whole, and going into complete isolation... FOREVER !!

Nah grab a few people off here and find a nice little island. That way you have some nice people with you :p

Just know you don't have to sort out your thoughts alone - and I have no idea what decisions you are having to make, but I don't think you should disappear completely.

Alienated said:
Senamian said:
So he ended up shooting her "accidentally" after wanting her to realize she wanted to live...?

Well it's a long story, and I know more about it than anyone. But the police never questioned me. Just 3 days prior to that, I offered to buy her a bus ticket to get away, because she was scared for life. She was to scared stupid to try, and start a new life.

It was because of that murder, I tried to starve myself to death, and spent the last 7 years in isolation. He killed a part of me too that night. That devastated me , and I was all alone on Earth, and have been ever since.

He was stoned out of his mind on Meth... I don't believe he deliberately shot her, but he took the drugs ! And I have letters from him from prison, begging me to feel sorry for HIM !! And then he got all mad because I wouldn't write him back.... He wasn't sorry at ALL !!
He was very abusive to her, but she was abusive to him too.... I was actually trying to counsel them on their relationship. Trying to get them to understand each others needs. May HE ROT !!

If I were you, I wouldn't have anything to do with the guy.

Also, one reason that so many in society are oftrn uncaring is because they have problems of their own. Personal problems--financial, physical, whatever--can be very absorbing, & so reduce others' empathy just by their ability to command a person's focus to the exclusion of everyone else.

I agree, however, that most of humanity stinketh. Isolation is attractive indeed when one realizes that fact.

Welcome to the justice system, and why it doesn't work.

I have so many stories to tell about my sister, but I'll refrain from it. But someone smoking pot is more likely to get a longer prison sentence than a rapist, a wife beater, or a murderer.

Alienated said:
The problem is people are selfish, apathetic pigs.. especially when they are sober... That's why I stay in isolation.
There is No sincerity, no genuine concern, no humanity left.. only actors

Well-meaning people are afraid of being perceived as weak and easy to take advantage of, so they learn to become indifferent, the result being that everyone comes across as cold and detached.

I have no idea about the ins and outs of the US justice system, but there appears to be a major prison population problem, maybe that's the reason these guys are getting recycled back into society.

rdor said:
Alienated said:
The problem is people are selfish, apathetic pigs.. especially when they are sober... That's why I stay in isolation.
There is No sincerity, no genuine concern, no humanity left.. only actors

Well-meaning people are afraid of being perceived as weak and easy to take advantage of, so they learn to become indifferent, the result being that everyone comes across as cold and detached.

I try to believe that I really did for a long time, but when they needed help I was there, when they needed someone to talk to I was there, when they needed understanding I was there.
And when I hurt, NO ONE TO BE FOUND...

So if they have become indifferent, well then, they aren't well meaning anymore, and have become what they themselves are trying to hide from.

rdor said:
I have no idea about the ins and outs of the US justice system, but there appears to be a major prison population problem, maybe that's the reason these guys are getting recycled back into society.

It's full of pot smokers. That's why. And people are making money off of that.

Latest posts

Back