A question for everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkwall

Reaction score
I was thinking about this lately, and I wanted to ask: do you like people more than they like you? I mean, generally, would you say that you care more about the people around you, or do they care more about you?

darkwall said:
I was thinking about this lately, and I wanted to ask: do you like people more than they like you? I mean, generally, would you say that you care more about the people around you, or do they care more about you?

I think I have a mutual agreement with the world to dislike each other equally.

Sometimes I like them moor then they like me. I think that's when I expect to much and then get disappointed.
It can be heard to expat someone for who they are.

I typically feel like this. I think people are just getting so self centered anymore that they don't really care about anything but themselves.

Papabear said:
I typically feel like this. I think people are just getting so self centered anymore that they don't really care about anything but themselves.

This, true

With a few people, yes, but with most people I really do not care.

However, sometimes it certainly feels like it.

I do care who cares about me generally.
But it seems I don’t care eventually because they don’t care about me.
I convince myself I should take care myself first.

Well I do have a lot of people who i cared a lot
But as time pass and I found out that they don't really care that much for me the same as I do for them I kind'a starting to "not care" them too...Cuz a one-way caring is really a very tiresome business...

It's hard to say, I have a distorted view of whether someone cares for me or not. Myself, I frequently like many different people whom I happen to meet. Mostly when I feel that a person started disliking me, I automatically return the favor, it's pretty natural I think. But sometimes I can't truly detest them even if it is obvious to me that they dislike me. This may be due to certain qualities they possess that I admire. Not all people click together, so I don't fret about it much. Although sometimes I'm kinda puzzled at the vehement dislike people may display because.. hell knows why. Because they did not like something about my personality apparently.

I would say yes I like them more than they like me, or rather I appreciate them more than they appreciate me, I am glad for the company, but to them I am just a minor face in the crowd, I don't think they dislike me I think they are just indifferent to me and I am slightly more than indifferent towards them

I think I may be the same. I like people the way I want them to like me. I find that many times it is way more than they are able to or willing to give back. I used to think this a curse, but really it is a blessing. Not everyone has this capicity.

Although it can be frustrating at times...I try to refocus it in more constructive areas...like writing, working out, etc...

I want to be respected and liked by the few friends I have as much as I like and respect them. I want to be loved as much as I love. However, I am starting to realize that may never happen. What feelings and emotions flow through me are quite intense, and quite difficult to restrain.

I think I care about people more than they care about me but not in a self pity like way.

I think I do care about people a lot, but I'm not exactly sure how people feel about me. With me, it's actually more of a default caring, rather than a genuine feeling, if that makes sense.

I think my co-workers find me boring, and everyone else I engage daily simply throws me a smile because I make my money by serving them. I know my mother loves me, and I her. Same with my sister. Otherwise, I'd say I've developed a great deal of indifference when it comes to relationships/feelings for other people. It's not total indifference, because I don't like seeing people suffer. I really feel for those types, whether I know of them or not. But most people might as well be air to me, or maybe wind.

Yes, generally I do care for people around me more than they care for me too. For me, I feel like, if they are your friends, you should care more about them. But then, lately, the devil has gotten the better of me, Now, I no longer care much unless they are my family.

Sad wabbit. Dont expect. Just care for everybody. U ge back what you give. It takes time

Yeah... I don't expect anything in return nowadays...just that people respect me...but i ain't getting none.

Latest posts

Back