A question for everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand you dreamer. (hugs) Thats a terrible situation:(. But try not to hate anybody. That will only do you good.

darkwall said:
I was thinking about this lately, and I wanted to ask: do you like people more than they like you? I mean, generally, would you say that you care more about the people around you, or do they care more about you?

I would say I tend to like others more then they like me.

I could easily find myself involved with someone very domineering... and enjoying it. lol

i'm often think about it.I think it may be not their fault.maybe it was I that did something wrong ,or i'm just too selfish that wanna them to do the same thing for me. Perhaps they do care about me but not in the way as I do.

Think it all depends on the person, if i like someone then i'll genuinely care about them, but most people i'm completely indifferent too. I guess i am shallow in that way.

It would be emo sounding of me to say that nobody cares about me, i'm sure someone does somewhere. But on the whole, i can't say i'm exactly overwhelmed with messages of concern or love.

I would say some guys like me more than I like them, but overall I like people as much as they like me.

I used to care alot about people that I would put their happiness first

I used to care alot about what they think too

but now I agree with sanal
I dont care if anyone likes me or not its just stupid
but I can't hate anyone

As for my family I will always care about them they are all I have

And for all the members who said they care about people more than they care about them, you guys are great, at the end of the day its you who make the world a bit better.

Imagine the world with no caring people, only selfish people :rolleyes:

Rain said:
I always think I enjoy others' company more than they enjoy mine. Hopefully, that will change someday.

Oh, me too Rain, me too. I just enjoy being in the presence of other people, seeing their happy, laughing faces, listening to them talk, watching them. Feeling slightly less lonely by placing myself near them. Yet to them, I'm the odd one out, the outsider. I can't really answer the question posed in the first post here, as I don't know how much other people like me. For all I know, some people at school could really like me, but just be too shy to tell me, as surely I cannot be the only one too shy to express their feelings? Generally, however, I do feel that I like people more than they like me, but that's through no fault of their own really. It's my fault for not making my feelings clear to them.

some people care, but that doesnt stop them from being selfish. They are still going to care about themselves more than they care for anyone else. you have to do things for yourself cause if not no one will give a honeysuckle about you, so yeah it explains why people are so selfish.

LonelyFebruary said:

And for all the members who said they care about people more than they care about them, you guys are great, at the end of the day its you who make the world a bit better.

Imagine the world with no caring people, only selfish people
:rolleyes:

I already do this, it's making me mean...

I tend to care more for others than they do for me.

Is that how adults are suppose to be? to not care.

I think within my family, they tend to care more about me than I do about them. It may sound crass, but I can't relate to my family anymore and all the pressure and the guilt-trips have gotten to the point where I don't want to have to deal with them.

As far as my peers and the people I hang out with are concerned, its almost the exact opposite. I can't help but feel more attached to these people than they they are to me. But I hide this. Don't want to scare the people by acting 'weird'.

I pretty much always like others more than I perceive them to like me. It's very hard for anyone to make me hate them, but then I get so caught up in trying to make others like me that in reality I come off as needy and drive them away.

I've always had a hard time having feelings for people, but I do still value friendships and relationships, just not in the sense where I get overly emotional about it. If that makes sense...

Additionally, I can't help but notice that even with my lack of enthusiasm and emotion, I'm still somehow the friend that always shows up to events if I say I'll be there, or help someone if I just casually say I will be in the library at the same time as them. So, from that I would say that I tend to be the guy who cares more even though it feels like I have no real emotion or connection with most people.

Latest posts

Back