A short introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancaughtweak

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I found this forum a couple of days ago because I googled the term "self worth forum" and it showed up among the search results.

So guess that that alone sort of tells a little about why I joined the place. One thing I particularlly struggle with is admitting weakness to myself and accepting it within myself. I think it's something I have in common with a whole lot of other men, and I believe it's crucial to feeling a sense of worth that I learn to accept that I'm not always a ******* superman and embrace myself and feel good enough inspite of feeling weakness.

I wanted to join a forum because I think it's important to have someone to talk to about these things and although I have lots of great people in my life I don't always feel comfortable sharing my weaknesses and insecurities with them, and it seems that this forum is filled with great people with a large capacity for empathy.

I also wanted to add that I do feel that I have a lot of things going for me, so I don't think of my life as being completely hopeless. I have practiced being grateful kept a journal earlier where i would write about qualities within me that I appreciate and consider assets. So taking action towards improving my sense of self esteem and self worth (i'm not really sure if there's a difference as I'm not a native english speaker) is not something I am unfamiliar with and I will start keeping a journal again. I've always missed sonnecting with others interested in these topics, and that's why I am here.

I came up with the handle "mancaughtweak" because of mental image I had while thinking of how it is important to admit to feeling weakness. Although I consider self esteem and worth important issues to address, I can't help but to alse see the comedic aspect in how strongly so many men including myself feel the need to not be perceived as weak. Therefore at some point I imagined the headline of a newspaper saying something along the lines of "Man Caught Showing Weakness - Breaking News!!!" as if the feeling of weakness in men was some big new discovery. So the handle comes from that mental image.

Talk to you all soon.

Latest posts

Back