A special friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grifff

Reaction score
So my best friend and I are pretty close, we talk quite a bit and everything. I tell her everything as does she but recently I've began to fall quite hard for her. She's my best friend and I've hinted towards having something "more than friends" with her. I asked her hypothetically if ANYTHING could ever happen between us and she said no "you're too much of a brother to me, that automatically means I'm not even going to consider it" so now I'm stuck. I enjoy texting her and talking to her a lot but I know the more I do, the more I fall for her. What am I supposed to do?

A brother? Uh oh. :(

Don't say "hypothetically", just ask her directly, if you're absolutely sure that's what you want. If she says no and you can't take it, well, you'll have to move on, even if it means by stopping talking to her.

Sorry man, it sucks to be in your shoes. Wish you all the best.

Yeah the brother card really sucks. And the worst part is even though she said no, dealing with that rejection is the determining factor of whether we can be friends at all. I wish I still had our friendship to fall back on but I feel it's been compromised due to the fact that I've really fallen for her.

That happened to my brother before, he decided that having her friendship was more important and didn't push it. They're still friends.

Yea, what Sci-Fi said. Is her friendship worth losing or keeping? If you push it, you might risk losing her completely. I don't know her or how she might react to that. She may just brush it off and still think of you the same. Or she may want to distance herself from you. Honestly, I know what it's like, and personally, I just try and distance myself. Or I ignore it, because I feel like that's the best I can do to deal with it.

Yeah. Things are alright I guess. Were still friends and I kinda just kept my mouth shut. But it sucks to talk or to see her cuz the more I do the more I like her. This is tough.

Tramp said:
A brother? Uh oh. :(

Don't say "hypothetically", just ask her directly, if you're absolutely sure that's what you want. If she says no and you can't take it, well, you'll have to move on, even if it means by stopping talking to her.

Sorry man, it sucks to be in your shoes. Wish you all the best.

On second thought, who am I kidding? Lol. Close to four years and I've still never told her lest our friendship be lost. I'm the worst person you could possibly take advice from, haha.

Latest posts

Back