A very long post...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Quietguy,

I can really compare myself with you. We are the same age and I only have had a relationship for only three months. I lost myself in that and it took a lot of time to get over it. That was five years ago. After that I fell for someone else but she rejected me because she didn't like some characteristics of me. I had built a friendship with her for over a year and only a month after she rejected me I heard she had met someone who fitted the profile only by her physical liking. I felt so angry.

After that I've had a couple of flings. Just girls that you meet for one night and then never see them again until I was tired of it all. I found someone on the internet but she lived far away. We communicated well at first and I visited her one time. It clicked and finally I thought that lonely walking on this path of life was done but now a year has passed and our communication flawndered.

In the mean time I had to fight of someone who came close and was interested in me. I realised I wasn't in love with that someone. I just wanted to fight for my long distanced relationship but it is giving me heartaches now. I've given her an ultimatum and I will wait for her reaction for the very last time. If this checks out we will be both happy otherwise I am really single again.

In those five years a always felt single just cowering in my own pity. I know you are angry when you see all those happy faces around you of friends and family who have someone (I disagree with the way you are describing it with all the cursing). I'm impatient as well, see my thread about it.

I don't give up because there are a million opportunities for me. I don't care how people would respond to my actions because it is my life. Where or how I want to find someone is my choice. Don't feel bad about yourself. You only let go of everything and take a new risk. Otherwise you will stay in the circle you are in now. It won't be handed to you on a silver platter. It has to come from both ways.

I hope you will understand and I will be here for you if you want to talk about it.

Latest posts

Back