A walk alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear

Reaction score
As I walk on this chilly night my hands are in my pocket instead of holding your hands. I gaze up to the sky and a tear rolls down my chin. The cold air bites at my cheek as the stars twinkle twinkle twinkle teasingly that they have so much company yet I have none.

Did I miss you, were you her that I passed the other day, two years ago? Did you sit next to me on a bus or smile at me as I drove by.

Did someone else grab you? Maybe you were supposed to be mine, now you are walking right by holding his hands. Are you my already happy? Complete? Fulfilled? Could fate have messed up and paired one half but not the other?

Maybe there never was two halves for me. Maybe I got left out of the equation. I fear fate forgot me, or maybe it isn't fate at all, just luck... in which case I may truly be doomed.

I could lie, fool myself, pick her... or her. This would never work, never be genuine. She would never be you. I wonder if maybe you've done the same, or if this is what I'll have to do.

Tonight I walk alone, by myself, and incomplete. I gaze at the stars and I smile, yes it still hurts, but I know my heart is open... one day we will find each other and the stars will weep. My time will no longer be spent staring at them, no... it will be spent staring into your eyes.

(it's crappy... so what... I'm bored, and lonely.)

Latest posts

Back