Absent-mindedness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been, and it has put me in one of those situations where You completely have filtered out what someone's been saying for the last few minutes, thousands of times. It's a good way to do like Homer Simpson and see some farm animals play music together, when You're bored. ;) How i live with it... hmmm, well, to be honest, i don't see what the problem is, unless You can't focus at all when for example studying, then we're probably talking attention-deficit disorder.

If i know something must be done, i have no problems focusing on it. What about You, CS ?

I am very absent minded, so much so that I crash into things on a daily basis because my head is so far in the clouds, today I crashed into a person and a low hanging tree branch,lol. And I have a hard time remembering to do things and just remembering things altogether. I live with it by making a lot of to do lists and keeping a journal, both help big time:D

NeverMore said:
I am very absent minded, so much so that I crash into things on a daily basis because my head is so far in the clouds, today I crashed into a person and a low hanging tree branch,lol. And I have a hard time remembering to do things and just remembering things altogether. I live with it by making a lot of to do lists and keeping a journal, both help big time:D

Hehehe. :D That's a good tip, NM!

I'm very absentminded; I can tune out of any lecture, lesson, post on a...
um, oh, that's what I was doing! forum, when I try to make myself a snack and so one, unless it is inherently interesting. But what can be more interesting than your own thoughts?

How I live with it is, just suppress my curiosity about what the person was saying, or what I wanted to eat; if I am directly asked a question while in the clouds, I just stare at them blankly for a bit, and maybe add a "hmm?" they usually catch on. And that's basically all I can do about my form absentmindedness.

Chris-Sabian said:
Be careful when crossing the street (Giggles)

lmao yea streets are bad for me luckily I only have to cross two normally day to day, I get beeped at a lot:rolleyes:

Why I shouldn't be allowed to drive, good thing I don't:D

Latest posts

Back