academic success, suckas!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suckaG

Reaction score
I finally got my marks back for school, and to my giddy excitement, I scored straight A's for every single class! AHHHHH holy crap!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to achieve majority, let alone straight A's. I always thought it would be so cool, but it was always a concrete impossibility in my mind. I have a bonafide learning disability you see, and barely made it out of high school with a 60% average. So much for the sage theories that marks always drop in post-secondary, and taking time off after high school will doom you to never going back. bah! I took two years off after graduating high-school, so humbug to that!

I think my academic success is largely due to the intense interest I have in my field of study, as well as the environment of my school. even when I went to my first college, the environment was Mickey-mouse and high school-esque; full of student cliques, professor's 'favourites', and all that sort of garbage.

And if the people running the program didn't like you, you were screwed, because there were only two of them, and they power-tripped like mad. I have one friend still there who only got her placement by seriously threatening legal action, and another friend who failed his practicum because he caught swine-flue and missed two weeks! Who ******* fails someone for catching a potentially deadly virus?! So much for empathy and understanding…

suffice to say I was encourage to apply elsewhere by friends and fam, and despite the odds and my own trepidation/reservations, I applied to a larger, established university.

And excelled!

So just because the odds seem against you, and you feel anxious and like you wont succeed at something, don’t be afraid to at least try it, the results might positively surprise you!

congratulations.gif

:)

Latest posts

Back