All I have to say is this:

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a carebear?
And how do you know you haven't saved a human life? Maybe you haven't in a catastrophic emergency with your photo in the newspaper afterwards but things we humans say and do when reaching out to others can have positive ripple effects many, many years down the road that we're not aware of.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
What's a carebear?

MMO term for people who don't wont to hurt others.

Ever watched the Carebears? I know they are forgotten in this day and age.

Groucho said:
Maybe you have a skill, ability or habit? Smoothing words? Poems? Art? Ideas? Small thing in the right place at the right time makes all the difference.
I've displayed my talent for poetry at least twice here.

It's old stuff. I haven't written anything new in about 5 years. Lyrics come to my mind all the time, but I don't write them down.

There's no motivation.

In order for anything I want to do, or used to be to be worth it, people have to think I'm worth it. That's not really happening and I don't like doing something that is going to get swept under the radar because I'm not a "notable" person, or popular in some way. So should see how I get treated by the modding community for Skyrim. They take nothing I offer seriously because I'm not a famous mod author. It's very very debilitating.

This also happens at work, and I get this from my mom a lot. If what I suggest does not "in theory" sound as if it will work.. it is dismissed automatically.

Oh yes, to quote what someone told me over facebook last year, "No one is going to care if you disappear because they don't value you".

I think I am done with this topic. There's not much more for me to say.

Midnight Sky said:
I've displayed my talent for poetry at least twice here.

It's old stuff. I haven't written anything new in about 5 years. Lyrics come to my mind all the time, but I don't write them down.

There's no motivation.

In order for anything I want to do, or used to be to be worth it, people have to think I'm worth it. That's not really happening and I don't like doing something that is going to get swept under the radar because I'm not a "notable" person, or popular in some way. So should see how I get treated by the modding community for Skyrim. They take nothing I offer seriously because I'm not a famous mod author. It's very very debilitating.

This also happens at work, and I get this from my mom a lot. If what I suggest does not "in theory" sound as if it will work.. it is dismissed automatically.

Oh yes, to quote what someone told me over facebook last year, "No one is going to care if you disappear because they don't value you".

I think I am done with this topic. There's not much more for me to say.

Sounds like negativity has got you down.

Being ignored by a modding community? I can relate, I studied games programming. I did modding for a server on zombie panic source. But people in general won't take my ideas seriously (curiously, I always find they're implemented later on).

It's sorta like this scene from Thunderbirds:
[video=youtube]

Brains proposes an airship, everyone laughs.

Then they build it.

It doesn't matter if they ignore you or not. If your idea definitely works and definitely solves the problem, you can sit smugly whilst they contort themselves trying to figure out 'some other way' (and I always love to watch people desperately try to avoid my solution in a futile effort). They will eventually fail because they aren't inclusive enough.

Then you can say 'I told you so'.

Eventually they learn (almost like dog training) to stop ignoring you and actually pay attention to what you say. You might get negative backlash, like the 'you're arrogant' comments (but to be frank if they had just listened I wouldn't have to point out how miserably they are failing their task: they are the arrogant ones because they think they can do things without including everybody).

Also, there's the 1/10 and 1/100 rule: on youtube, every 10 to 100 viewings will produce either one 'like' or one 'dislike' (10 viewings if the youtuber is popular, 100 viewings if they aren't). Which means there's a 99% of people who watch the video, but don't give an opinion. That doesn't mean to say they hated it, they may just not be bothered to voice an opinion (I can't be arsed to fight with youtube's 'log you out' system to log in to upvote one video).

So to speak, you might have a silent majority who appreciate your work who simply don't voice their opinion. Humans tend not to express appreciation (which is what I've found). The only way to know for sure is to stop doing something and to see if anyone panics or reacts. I went missing from a forum for a year, and when I came back, people I didn't even know were asking where I went.

So, don't worry if the popular (ad populum fallacy) people are jerkasses. Fame is short-lived. People who tread on other people to climb the ladder quickly find themselves on the bottom of it in due time. Skyrim will eventually become a defunct game in a few years time, replaced by some other game (in the same way Oblivion modding is now largely out of date).

Everything comes to pass.

As for poetry? Thomas Hardy, Simon Armitage. I particularly like their wordplay styles to convey a point of view that otherwise wouldn't make much sense (Thomas with the comment if he met a man in any other scene he wouldn't be shooting at him: that merely culture drives murder).

Poets often derive from their own personal experiences. You have fuel: make a fire.

I've heard all the things I've heard in life. You're life DOESN'T ******* MOVE IF YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN. Come at me with success stories, and I can point out how you had outside help.

I'm on my own. I choose to make my life move on. Its just me. I live alone in a town where I know absolutely no one and I work from home so I have zero coworkers. I have 1 friend, she lives no where around me. I have no lover, I can't have kids...I have no family. I had a dog, he died last year - that was my soulmate. BUT I choose to employ my hands, I do yard work, I fix things around my house, electrical, plumbing, flooring (its old), I read, I write, I color in coloring books... I'm on my own, its not going to change and I just decided to deal with it. Soooometimes it sucks, like now when its late and I have a tummy ache and there isn't anybody who gives a honeysuckle. But ya know what? I have legs and I just walked my fat ass to the bath to get my own Tums. Its what you make of it. It really is.

I am the conduit that connects failure to the void.

In all seriously, it simply doesn't matter. I wont waste my time hitting a titanium wall.

allcajun said:
I've heard all the things I've heard in life. You're life DOESN'T ******* MOVE IF YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN. Come at me with success stories, and I can point out how you had outside help.
Sweeping statements like these point out who's worth talking to on the internet. I can't speak for anyone else, but I **** sure had no help and won't ever be helped. I got to where I am on my own and dat's how it's gon' be. If you had help forever and you're ashamed of that, it's a personal problem. But trying to lasso tool everyone else isn't smart.

Forever Misanthrope said:
allcajun said:
Sweeping statements like these point out who's worth talking to on the internet. I can't speak for anyone else, but I **** sure had no help and won't ever be helped. I got to where I am on my own and dat's how it's gon' be. If you had help forever and you're ashamed of that, it's a personal problem. But trying to lasso tool everyone else isn't smart.

I wasn't looking for help.
I wasn't trying to "lasso tool" anyone.
You need to learn how to read.

You know what? I'm gonna stop coming here. fresia it.

. . .

Uh, Midnight Sky, I was talking to allcajun. That would be why the quote is above my reply to what they said. Perhaps it is you who should learn how to read?

Forever Misanthrope said:
. . .

Uh, Midnight Sky, I was talking to allcajun. That would be why the quote is above my reply to what they said. Perhaps it is you who should learn how to read?

That was midnights quote...not mine forever, thats what he meant.

Omg seriously. You're exhausting. READ the original post. HIS. Thats why he said you should read. It was my first time responding to a post, sue me for being compassionate. I didn't place HIS statement in quotes to delineate HE said it. Had you read the entire thread...as he suggested BEFORE you opened your mouth. You'd know that. Seriously. Get a grip. YOU are the personification of why these threads suck.

Omg seriously. You're exhausting. READ the original post. HIS. Thats why he said you should read. It was my first time responding to a post, sue me for being compassionate. I didn't place HIS statement in quotes to delineate HE said it. Had you read the entire thread...as he suggested BEFORE you opened your mouth. You'd know that. Seriously. Get a grip. YOU are the personification of why these threads suck.

First stop the bickering.

Second, it's a good idea if you are going to quote a post to make sure that the quote format is in there, or it looks like something you said and not someone else.

Third, FM, it is also generally a good idea to read the OP's posts, then you may have noticed that the statement you replied to is in fact something the OP said.
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=30922&pid=602423#pid602423

How about you stop when a moderator says so. FM, you need to learn how to forum as much as allcajun does. IE: READ OTHER POSTS. Don't go pointing fingers unless you are looking in a mirror.

Oh, and just to be clear...DROP IT!

Latest posts

Back