All I seem to get is a friend and nothing more

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
I honestly decided that there is something wrong with me. Every time I ask female out, I'm always just a friend and nothing more. I thought about changing myself for the person I like even. I probably have to anyways, I could just learn how to not be happy with myself for awhile and revert back gradually so it doesn't shock them. Everything I do gets me nowhere it seems. It's funny how I talked about this in another thread.

It happens to every one. I've had that plenty of times. There's nothing wrong with being friends with a girl if they'd make a good friend.

theglasscell said:
It happens to every one. I've had that plenty of times. There's nothing wrong with being friends with a girl if they'd make a good friend.

I've been friends with plenty of girls. It's just the ones I want to date.

Honestly, don't change yourself to someone else's liking. Just be the "best" version of you.

If you were incompatible in the first place and "change," you're going to be incompatible again when you revert back no matter how gradual. You'll just have more to lose.

Coeur said:
If you were incompatible in the first place and "change," you're going to be incompatible again when you revert back no matter how gradual.

THAT^^^
You can't make someone want you.

On the bright side, if they genuinely want to be friends it means you're not an odious person. I would take it as a compliment.

Sterling said:
Honestly, don't change yourself to someone else's liking. Just be the "best" version of you.

I like this. I'm going to quote you in my sig.

Sterling said:

Coeur said:
If you were incompatible in the first place and "change," you're going to be incompatible again when you revert back no matter how gradual. You'll just have more to lose.

^ Exactly!

African_weasel said:
Yet, this person ever took the time to actually hang out with me with her free time

And she doesn't have to. If you ask to hang out with her, she has the choice to accept or to refuse. If she's clearly not interested, and has given you no inkling of ever being, then perhaps you should move on.

I wasn't trying to get at that, no one rarely hangs out with me anyway. I don't even have a car, it's hard not having a car in the south.

Latest posts

Back