all out awkward and embarrassed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freaky_one

Reaction score
Hi, i tried this this site a few months ago, gave the general low-down on myself and so on and a few people replied , said welcome and so on, trouble is even on a site like this i find it hard to interact, i've never really understood being able to talk openly even behind a computer screen, so i'm gonna try again, how do you all deal with the negative feelings of being alone and unable to communicate with people?

Honestly, its something that has to be overcome. I have a similar problem in that I can't approach people. I've only just started commenting in the forum.

As far as dealing with it, I do feel bad and eventually wind up feeling isolated. However, when I want to comment, I try to just do it. If you think about it, the anxieties caused by thinking about it will prevent you. Each small victory will make you feel better and will reinforce communicating.

If only internet success translated into real life lol

This is like me, I have a hard time interacting with people in real life and on the internet, and just like you I have these feelings of being alone and having negativity.

See for me, for certain days where my anxieties get the best of me. I try to think in a positivist view point, that there is always the next day, and if that day turns out bad, I try again in my own pace.

Sure there are most times you question " why I can't talk to others", or " Why I can't be outgoing"
but you can't try waay to fast, or otherwise it feels force.

Sometimes being on these sites makes me feel more lonely or socially inept because every time I try to post and get involved in discussions, people mostly ignore me....Don't know what it is, I guess people can see the cloud hanging over my head even through the computer screen, LOL...

It's the internet, it's really not all that intimidating. You're sitting behind a computer screen and you can share as much or as little as you want. If things don't go so well you can leave and never come back. That's the beauty of forums, you can always find another one to join.

Sci-Fi said:
It's the internet, it's really not all that intimidating. You're sitting behind a computer screen and you can share as much or as little as you want. If things don't go so well you can leave and never come back. That's the beauty of forums, you can always find another one to join.

Yep, this.

As for dealing with feeling alone, that's what we are all struggling with here. It's the common theme that ties everyone on this board together.

I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to communicate with people. You mean, not being able to put what you want to say into words? That takes practice and time.
Or do you mean you are uneasy getting to know a new group of people?

Latest posts

Back