ALLFest UK Meetup review

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3donist

Reaction score
I have just got home after travelling back from Sheffield, and the first ever UK Meetup of A Lonely Life members...and I have to say I have had the best time ever. :D:D:D

We met in the Peace Gardens (although as it was a hot day and there was a mini funfair and stalls it might has well have been called the Chaos and Bedlam Gardens). There were four of us in the end, sadly Scootch had been delayed and was unable to come :( but myself, ItsMyLife, Serephina and her friend (I'm so so sorry Serephina but I cannot remember his name!) met and had a fantastic day together.

We went to a cafe where we got to know each other and discovered each other's lives, hobbies and loves, our time on ALL and our reasons for joining. From there we moved onto the Winter Gardens, and a look round the Millennium Center, we saw The Crucible, The Leadmill concert venue, then went for dinner at a lovely bar (just before it got a bit busy) and had an evening of laughter and companionship.

Other highlights included shops called Mooch and Nosh, Liza Minelli, a giant inflatable "thingy", a 100 year old lady's letters from around the world, four chord Mika songs, random menu item ordering, watching a wall of rain hurtle towards us, a crooked painting (and the amount of annoyance it caused) the Great Car Hunt, urinal CCTV and star spotting on The Sheffield Walk of Fame.

It was with a heavy heart that I said goodbye to my new found friends, but I knew that, for one day at least, we were no longer lonely because we had made the effort to fight back, to emerge from behind our computer screens and each out to each other. I spent the rest of the night, and indeed all of today feeling happy that Allfest had been a complete success and I hope the others felt the same way.

My sincere hope is that Allfest UK happens again, both here and in other countries, where we bridge the gaps between geography and lifestyle. I feel like I've made some genuine, real life friends - and I'm richer for that experience. I thank Itsmylife and Serephina and her friend for taking the expense and effort of travelling a long way to meet up. To others reading this, please don't suffer loneliness in silence, don't wait for people to find you; organise an Allfest in your country/region - even if just one other person attends, it will be worth it I promise.

Now I know some of you want pictures but I will respect the attendees of allfest who do not want pictures of themselves uploaded to the internet. However I do have some non-identifying photos of the day that I will upload shortly.

Gah, I wanted to be there.

Next time do it in the middle of summer pleaaaaseee

Wtf, I didn't even know there was that much to do in Sheffield, lol. Sounds like a good day out though, must admit I thought more than 4 would turn up but hopefully there will be a next time.

I think more of this could happen anywhere - not just the UK. It just need someone to organise such an event.

9006 said:
Wtf, I didn't even know there was that much to do in Sheffield, lol. Sounds like a good day out though, must admit I thought more than 4 would turn up but hopefully there will be a next time.

Well there were more people who signed up to the event who didn't show sadly, so if they had come too there would have been 9 or 10 of us. Maybe the success of this event will give people more motivation to join the next one, and it will grow from here :)

h3donist said:
9006 said:

Well there were more people who signed up to the event who didn't show sadly, so if they had come too there would have been 9 or 10 of us. Maybe the success of this event will give people more motivation to join the next one, and it will grow from here :)

I'm glad it went well. Hopefully I can make one in the future !

Thank you for organising it,I hope there will be other meets. I don't usually tend to go on meet ups because I get really shy getting out and meeting people,but i'm really glad I did.We had a fantastic day and I very much enjoyed exploring Sheffield.

Serephina said:
Thank you for organising it,I hope there will be other meets. I don't usually tend to go on meet ups because I get really shy getting out and meeting people,but i'm really glad I did.We had a fantastic day and I very much enjoyed exploring Sheffield.

It was my pleasure, thank you for attending and helping to make it a success :)

I definitely agree, the first Uk ALLFest was a big success! H3donist's done a great job of summarising it all. I smiled all the way through the post remembering it all! We had a lot of fun and the people I got to meet are amazing. Plus I never realised Sheffield was full of so many fab named places!!

I was quite wary about attending epecially the closer we got. But I'm so, so glad I went. If anyone else is thinking of attending one in the future I really recommend that you try it. I'm already looking forward to another and I'm still buzzing from this one!

I have 3 things to add. Firstly to h3donist a HUGE thank you for organising it all. You did a great job. Secondly Scootch, really sorry you couldn't make it in the end. We missed you but we mentioned you lots so you were definitely there in spirit! And finally...when's the next one?!

itsmylife said:
I definitely agree, the first Uk ALLFest was a big success! H3donist's done a great job of summarising it all. I smiled all the way through the post remembering it all! We had a lot of fun and the people I got to meet are amazing. Plus I never realised Sheffield was full of so many fab named places!!

I was quite wary about attending epecially the closer we got. But I'm so, so glad I went. If anyone else is thinking of attending one in the future I really recommend that you try it. I'm already looking forward to another and I'm still buzzing from this one!

I have 3 things to add. Firstly to h3donist a HUGE thank you for organising it all. You did a great job. Secondly Scootch, really sorry you couldn't make it in the end. We missed you but we mentioned you lots so you were definitely there in spirit! And finally...when's the next one?!

Awww thank you that's a lovely post :) it was a pleasure and a privilege to meet you and yes I agree Scootch was definitely there in spirit.

Time to start planning Allfest 2! :D

I'm glad to hear the meetup was a success. It sounds like a great time was had.

:) I am very glad to hear you guys had a great time. There needs to be more ALL meet ups.

How lovely! Glad you lot had a great time. Now, if only I could win the lottery for a ticket to the UK for the next round :D

Veruca said:
How lovely! Glad you lot had a great time. Now, if only I could win the lottery for a ticket to the UK for the next round :D

Don't wait until you win the lottery - Allfest has the potential to be a global event - organise one in your area and invite ALL members that live in the same country as you :) Would love to see Allfests happen in other countries too!

Glad to hear you all had such a good time! :)
It's such a huge jump from "we should meet up sometime" to actually meeting up :) It's nice to make new friends, isn't it?

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back