Alone Forever

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Menorahman said:
All of you need to be medicated.

At some point, you need to hit the "be happy" button over the "pine for kids" one.

A strong intellect is needed to see things for what they are. 80% of people are pretty dumb though, so instead they need to follow another path to happiness. Of course, dumb people are dumb, so they will refuse to go because "dumb."

I don't quite understand your point, could you explain more clearly please?

Aomine said:
Menorahman said:

At some point, you need to hit the "be happy" button over the "pine for kids" one.

A strong intellect is needed to see things for what they are. 80% of people are pretty dumb though, so instead they need to follow another path to happiness. Of course, dumb people are dumb, so they will refuse to go because "dumb."

In essence, he's saying what he's always saying. 

Smoke weed, women are evil, BE AN ALPHA MALE!!!  :club:

You just need to get out there. Being depressed can go two ways, you can live in the depression and get nowhere or you can get out and do things even if you are depressed and make things happen.

Your heart might not be in it at first, but keep making yourself get out, make yourself go do things, meet people.

Aomine said:
Menorahman said:

Once your brain goes through critical development, it's set in a lot of ways. Almost nothing external is going to help, including going to the gym, getting a hobby, and/or getting a girlfriend (this one will make you much worse). The only peace you can find is by directly manipulating your unhappy brain aka medicating. If you don't, you will be trapped in a cycle of misery probably for the rest of your life.

That actually makes a lot of sense, because I tried the gym few months ago and ended up quiting since i was still depressed if not more but all the money i had to spend on food.

Aomine said:
That actually makes a lot of sense, because I tried the gym few months ago and ended up quiting since i was still depressed if not more but all the money i had to spend on food.

You don't need a gym to exercise, you just need to stick with it.

Menorahman said:
Aomine said:
Menorahman said:

Once your brain goes through critical development, it's set in a lot of ways. Almost nothing external is going to help, including going to the gym, getting a hobby, and/or getting a girlfriend (this one will make you much worse). The only peace you can find is by directly manipulating your unhappy brain aka medicating. If you don't, you will be trapped in a cycle of misery probably for the rest of your life.

Right. So you are here on a board for lonley people. Promoting  drugs as the only solution. And  eschewing, I know you like that word. Any relationship with the opposite sex. Thats just what it seems like. Maybe I am wrong

I do agree that we are set in our ways mentally after a certain age.
This is true. But to have to be dependent on drugs. I assume you mean the prescription kind for mood. Well that is not a great outlook either

Menorahman said:
Aomine said:
Menorahman said:

This post is funnier to me than it should be.

Restless soul said:
Yes, sadly he has some points

I'm 25 so my brain is developed. Yet, I've been able to turn a lot of my losing streak around these last few months. Things have got better for me as I've adopted a growth mindset over a fixed one. And going to the gym HAS changed me. So I disagree with his post.

Hey,
I'm pretty new here but can relate to your situation. I'm nearly 20, in the last year of high school and the only relationships I've had so far were one-sided. Nobody's ever liked me back and people around me don't make relationships sound good. Been battling depression for a while now, am still taking baby steps in the way of socializing with new people, but sometimes I just feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a significant other and that I'm missing out on something or plain weird. If you have any close friends that you could spend time with at least once a week, that would help (I try to go out with mine and it does take my mind off this stuff rather easily). Have some fun, go to the movies, read a book, treat yourself to something you wouldn't usually do (like a date with yourself), make yourself happy. If you're happy with yourself, others notice - I started smiling at people and you wouldn't believe how many strangers reciprocate it!

niki272 said:
Hey,
I'm pretty new here but can relate to your situation. I'm nearly 20, in the last year of high school and the only relationships I've had so far were one-sided. Nobody's ever liked me back and people around me don't make relationships sound good. Been battling depression for a while now, am still taking baby steps in the way of socializing with new people, but sometimes I just feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a significant other and that I'm missing out on something or plain weird. If you have any close friends that you could spend time with at least once a week, that would help (I try to go out with mine and it does take my mind off this stuff rather easily). Have some fun, go to the movies, read a book, treat yourself to something you wouldn't usually do (like a date with yourself), make yourself happy. If you're happy with yourself, others notice - I started smiling at people and you wouldn't believe how many strangers reciprocate it!

Thanks for the post. I do have a couple best friends actually, true friends. We laugh and tease and all that good stuff, I also do a lot of things I like such as tv series (lots of them) music and games but at the end of the day even if I did "socialized" and did all that I still feel lonely and empty inside. Trust me I don't mean to bring people on this forum more down since every suggestion they give me I've already tried it or am trying but the point is at the end of the day, even if my social skills can be rated good actually, I still had no success in a relationship which for me matters a lot and something I'm missing and that makes me feel weird/bad/unwanted and it specially kills me more since I study in a big university where everyone around me is coupled and doing relationship stuff around me all the time. Does this situation I'm at make any sense or I'm just .. idk?

Aomine said:
niki272 said:
Hey,

Thanks for the post. I do have a couple best friends actually, true friends. We laugh and tease and all that good stuff, I also do a lot of things I like such as tv series (lots of them) music and games but at the end of the day even if I did "socialized" and did all that I still feel lonely and empty inside. Trust me I don't mean to bring people on this forum more down since every suggestion they give me I've already tried it or am trying but the point is at the end of the day, even if my social skills can be rated good actually, I still had no success in a relationship which for me matters a lot and something I'm missing and that makes me feel weird/bad/unwanted and it specially kills me more since I study in a big university where everyone around me is coupled and doing relationship stuff around me all the time. Does this situation I'm at make any sense or I'm just .. idk?

I get you, I used to feel like that too. I went as far as to self-harm and attempt suicide, it made my friends upset but cutting, punching walls and just hurting seemed better than feeling numb. We could go to the cinema, have a great time and laugh for hours, yet in the evening when I was alone I felt like crap. Finally I grew sick of it and went to see a psychiatrist. Is there any chance you could do that? See a psychologist or psychiatrist? The doc immediatelly set me up with some meds, I went through a couple of tests and have therapy at least once a month, I can't even begin to tell you how much she's helped me. If you could go for just one session and have a professional listen to you and your problems, it could change a lot.

TheRealCallie said:
You just need to get out there.  Being depressed can go two ways,  you can live in the depression and get nowhere or you can get out and do things even if you are depressed and make things happen.  

Your heart might not be in it at first, but keep making yourself get out, make yourself go do things, meet people.
Not disagreeing but the problem is the term depression, and depression can be disabling to the point that eating is a challange let alone engaging with the world, and I think the initial challenge is to aleviate the sheer dead weight of major depression to enable you to engage..medication can help and phychological therapy but sometimes asking someone with severe depression to just get out there is a bit like telling someone with no legs to pull thier socks up 😗

sothatwasmylife said:
TheRealCallie said:
You just need to get out there.  Being depressed can go two ways,  you can live in the depression and get nowhere or you can get out and do things even if you are depressed and make things happen.  

Not disagreeing but the problem is the term depression, and depression can be disabling to the point that eating is a challange let alone engaging with the world, and I think the initial challenge is to aleviate the sheer dead weight of major depression to enable you to engage..medication can help and phychological therapy but sometimes asking someone with severe depression to just get out there is a bit like telling someone with no legs to pull thier socks up 😗

Can't help but agree with this. Everyone always told me to "just suck it up", "go outside or something" or "knock it off". It's not easy when you feel like there's no reason to get up in the morning. "It will get better" - it will just not on its own.

Aomine said:
Lately, my depression has reached dangerous levels. I'm sad and depressed all day, I pitty myself. Here I am at my twenties, almost done with college and I can shamely admit; I've never had a real relationship. I've never had a girlfriend. I'm broken inside ever since a couple years ago. That was the last time I've ever truly experienced love or a crush, those butterflies in your stomach and the anxiety, I was young, naive I blew it and confessed my love too early so that I'd be completely crushed in return with a simple 'no.' My emotions have been crippled ever since, I've never had luck with girls I could get their numbers but I could never get past that, I'll always end up friendzoned or simply rejected. All I want is just to feel.. loved, cared about.

I've been done with college for a while and I just turned 30 last year, but other than that, I'm pretty much the same way.  I've never had a girlfriend either, and I'm pretty down about it.  All my life, I thought it would just happen one day but it never did.  Most of the time I wasn't even noticed, but it wasn't so bad since there usually wasn't anyone around that interests me anyway.  I almost never experience crushes either, because it's hardly ever that someone really strikes me, really makes me want to talk to them and learn more and makes me feel like you said, butterflies in my stomach, that special kind of excitement where you feel light enough that you could just blow away.  

The few times that I ever actually do meet someone that really excites me, that I feel like I could share things with and have fun with and that fascinates me, I haven't had any luck either.  I just don't seem to know how I should talk or act in a way that makes people see me as more than a friend.  I'm not putting the right vibes out there, I'm sending the wrong message but I don't know of any other way I can be.  It's like friendship is this barrier that I'm too weak to punch through, climb over, or break free of.  It really makes me feel like an ineffectual person, like there's something wrong with me, like my personality is just too boring, bland, and awkward because I'm not triggering these girls' feeling of excitement like they are for me.  I feel like I need to spice up my personality, but I don't exactly know how.  I really don't think I'm meeting the wrong people either since that means that nobody is right for me.  Meanwhile, there are other people who are able to connect with almost anyone without much trouble.  I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Aomine

I just want simple things, I just want someone to go out with, hold hands, call my own, exchange love texts and the silly emojis and most importantly one who wouldn't let me go. Even a hug would be very exciting right now. Anyone, anyone at all would fit... I'm not picky at all anymore. Nothing has ever worked out for me and now I don't know what to do anymore. I used to be able to only need myself but now I can't bare it anymore. And I'm very very depressed. I pitty myself to sleep which is the worst part of it all.. I've tried everything... 

I need help. Please.

I feel the same way, I've wanted those for so long now.  Just being able to share those cute little things, the texts and messages for no reason other than wanting to talk, the smilies, sharing moments, and going places and taking silly pictures together.   It's really frustrating when this seems almost effortless for others, but so hard for us.  You wonder what you have to do, how much further you have to go, when it's going to turn around, or if it ever will.  You wonder if you'll ever have that special ingredient that will finally allow you to connect with someone.  I don't really have any advice to give, except to say that I empathize. I'm afraid of being alone forever too, getting more so all the time.

Latest posts

Back