ALONE

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerasmussen said:
One piece of good news, she's agreed to pay the rent and utilities until the divorce is final, so she and the girls can move right back in when I'm ordered to leave. This means that I won't have to live out of my car. yay!

At least there's one positive thing happening right now. But any plans on what you're going to do in the future? I mean, you have no job, soon you'll probably have no home (I'm sure there's places you can crash at).. and that's about it. The two primary things you need right now is a job and a place to stay at after you're ordered to leave.

[x] said:
Jerasmussen said:
One piece of good news, she's agreed to pay the rent and utilities until the divorce is final, so she and the girls can move right back in when I'm ordered to leave. This means that I won't have to live out of my car. yay!

At least there's one positive thing happening right now. But any plans on what you're going to do in the future? I mean, you have no job, soon you'll probably have no home (I'm sure there's places you can crash at).. and that's about it. The two primary things you need right now is a job and a place to stay at after you're ordered to leave.

Yeah, I'm working on the job thing. Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to fight for my girls. Met with the lawyer today and went over what the wife had to say in her brief, basically, "he's crazy, don't let him near the kids."

Going to be evaluated by a court-appointed shrink, then get affidavits from providers I've seen.

Jerasmussen said:
[x] said:
Jerasmussen said:

Yeah, I'm working on the job thing. Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to fight for my girls. Met with the lawyer today and went over what the wife had to say in her brief, basically, "he's crazy, don't let him near the kids."

Going to be evaluated by a court-appointed shrink, then get affidavits from providers I've seen.

All the best to you, man! I hope you get to see your girls eventually. Tell us how it went.

[x] said:
Jerasmussen said:
[x] said:
Jerasmussen said:

All the best to you, man! I hope you get to see your girls eventually. Tell us how it went.

Thanks, I will

Jerasmussen said:

Just wanted to say I know how tough it is with what you're going through. My brother went through the exact same thing, lost his kids with his wife accusing him of all sorts to try and stop him from seeing them. It was horrible to see him have to go through that so I really feel for you.

I know the laws are different over here (rights for fathers has never been great) but he stuck with it, did everything the court asked him to, obeyed all of the rules he was set, never missed an appointment at the contact center and a year later he was able to bring them home, unsupervised for christmas. He now gets to spend a lot of time with them and its good to see him so happy again.

I hope you can find some small comfort in knowing that others have been there and made it through.

Good luck, I hope it works out well.

Hi

I really feel for you, such an awful thing to do. But, your steps seem really positive, keep fighting for those girls and looking after yourself. I know that is easier said than done. The nights are harsh, maybe try and come on here when it feels like that, or try doing something to keep you occupied that doesn't remind you of her. Sorry my advice sounds rubbish, but best I've got lol.

I really hope it works out for you, keep us informed.

:).

GraceBlossom said:

Sorry my advice sounds rubbish, but best I've got lol.

I really hope it works out for you, keep us informed.

:).

Your advice isn't at all rubbish, on the contrary: it's the feedback from people like you that's helping me stay positive about my situation. We have a pre-trial hearing coming up at the end of the month and I'm hopeful the court will tell my wife to allow me time with my daughters.

Meanwhile, I'm in contact with my physician, in an effort to refute her claims that ADD + Depression = no contact with the kids. Given that my soon to be EX is also a physician, I'm extremely grateful for the help I've received in that arena.

It's stories like this that make me thankful that my marriage bore no children - at least that was one thing I didn't have to go through.

I have depression too and I find it disturbing that someone can claim you're not fit to be a father based solely on that.

user 130057 said:
It's stories like this that make me thankful that my marriage bore no children - at least that was one thing I didn't have to go through.

I have depression too and I find it disturbing that someone can claim you're not fit to be a father based solely on that.

The someone in this case happens to be a top flite neurologist, so the claim is more than the generic " he's nuts."

Instead it's "he's non-compliant on his meds," or " he expresses suicidal ideation". None of this crap is true, but because she knows the right lingo it's going to be a lot more work to disprove.

You sound really positive, despite what is being thrown at you. Stick with your side and keeping proving you should be in those girls lives. Courts see this kind of stuff all the time, and from medical professionals. Good luck and let us know how it is going :)

Jerasmussen said:
...The someone in this case happens to be a top psychopath, so th....

Thought I'd fix it for you.

Again, I don't know the situation. But it still sounds like she is of the awfully egoistic and inconsiderate type, thinking of her personal revenge rather than of her kids. Sad you are having to deal with that.

Jerasmussen said:
ladyforsaken said:
You mean she just up and left you? Why didn't you go with her? I'm curious to what the story behind this is..

She's 16 years younger than me. We fell passionately in love (at least I did), I married her, worked to provide for her so she could go to medical school, we had children, I quit my career of 21 years to raise them, we spent my entire retirement so she could live in comfort and now that she has a $250,000.00 / year job lined up, she takes the kids and says we're through. I'm left with no income, no savings and my children are living with her parents. LIFE SUCKS!

Thanks for all the comments everyone; it's nice to hear "I'm Sorry" rather than "Old Fool"

I am so sorry to hear that man... So if you want to talk , I have nothing but time. I don't work, but I do allot of study. All my family is dead, and I am all alone too.

So I understand that. I'm Daniel

Surely there has to be some legal recourse. This isn't the stone age, fathers have rights too.

Hopefully you can fight it in court. If you were staying at home and she was working then you should be able to get alimony if you ask for it. You could file for full custody also.

She can't just take the kids unless you let her. If you have no income you are eligible for legal aid to pay for a lawyer.

Thanks again, all of you; the comments lift my spirits when I'm down.

Hopefully you can fight it in court. If you were staying at home and she was working then you should be able to get alimony if you ask for it. You could file for full custody also.

She can't just take the kids unless you let her. If you have no income you are eligible for legal aid to pay for a lawyer.

I have a lawyer, fortunately my mom has some savings. At 91 she will eventually need those funds for end of life expenses, but when this is settled and I'm working full time I can repay her.

In Texas the courts take a dim view of alimony in general. When the plaintiff is "of the fairer sex" there's a slim chance, but for an "able bodied man" forget it! Seriously: the legal standards are like an homage to the late 18th Century.

That being said, there is some possibility I can recover part of my retirement. Also, I think that I'll end up with some kind of visitation arrangement with the kids, in spite of my wife using her medical knowledge to try and paint me as an unfit parent: the facts just don't support her argument.

Thought I'd fix it for you.

I've asked my lawyer to insist that if I have to get a psychological work up, she should have to get one too. Don't know that there's anything likely to come of it, but I'm not crazy either and she's insisting: sauce for the goose IMO. ;)

Oh, and the cherry on the top: Thursday night my car was stolen! Yes before any of you ask, the insurance policy is in my wife's name so if a claim is paid I get nothing.

I MUST HAVE upset a gipsey somewhere, clearly I'm cursed.... :(

So sorry to hear you're going through all of this. Clearly this is high stress. I have to agree with others that have posted in this that legally there has to be something you can do. I understand what it's like to be in a dark place. I've had several trying situations in recent years myself. It helps to be able to let it out. Feel free to message me if you see me on.

UPDATE 7/29 -- I GET TO SEE MY GIRLS THIS WEEKEND!!! :) :) :)

Got a call from my lawyer tonite, my wife has agreed to unsupervised visitation AND joint custody! I don't know what caused her to stop fighting me on this issue but ****! I'm glad she did!

We still have to work out things like money, but this is the first positive thing that's happened TO ME in weeks! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back