Always by myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless

Reaction score
There are always times where i like to be by myself. It's nice, comforting and really peaceful.

But many times there's just no one hang out with.

I used to commute to college from home, and it was okay. I liked living in a big house and i always had cousins and a few friend to hang out with.

The school i went to was a commuting school. So everyone commuted. Though i made a few friends, no one hung out with each other too much outside of school. Most of us still had the comfort of high school friends and family for company.

There was another school i liked, a few hours away from home tho. I transfered there and at first it was cool. I made some friends, and everything was still so new. But after the first semester i didn't hang out with too many of my friends.

Most were busy, even my really good friends i didn't see too much. Many had too work and their schedule just didn't fit mine too well. I haven't met too many people this semester. Most of my classes are big lectures so there's not too much socializing. Everyone there either goes there with friends or minds to themselves.

I'm in a few clubs and do play some sports. I met some people in those and have become friends. I've asked a few to hang out but most are always so busy. Also no one ever asks me to do have lunch with them or hangout.

Cause i live sort of far from my family i don't get to see them to much. I occasionally talk to them but its not the same as personally seeing them. Talking online or calling people are nice, but not the same.

My best friend and i still have lunch and hangout but even that can hard. Because he has night classes while i have morning classes.

It feels good to run into a friend. Or even having small talks with random people. So basically so far this semester i've been sort of a book worm. All i've been doing is studying and doing hw. and well tv and online. Though my grades got better, my social life hasn't.

The thing i look forward to id going home next week. Its spring break, i can relax for a bit. Hang out with old friends, they always seem so willing to hang out with me whenever i go home. Work on my resume, piano, etc.

I'm not too sociable, sometimes i am but when i'm alone alot my confidence about myself drops alot. Transferring to another was hard. I didn't know anyone from that school and i don't always have too much confidence in myself. The people i've are cool but i only have one really good friend at that school.

I talk alot but that's how it is.

sounds like a lonely existence. i can understand that. you seem like a nice, well-adjusted individual. we'll talk to ya! :cool: or at least i will! :D

Just_Some_Dude said:
sounds like a lonely existence. i can understand that. you seem like a nice, well-adjusted individual. we'll talk to ya! :cool: or at least i will! :D

Haha thx i like meeting new people and getting to know them. Ill be sure ro drop you pm when i need someone to talk to.

aww Timeless I know how that feels :( I spend alot of time doing 'stuff' but so much of it is spent so alone. I get really lonely barely ever seeing anyone. I live at home with my parents but I barely ever see them at all, it feels like I live alone. I go out and do activities and exercise alone, most days at work I spend much of my shift alone. The people I hang out with most are related and are so busy with thier own lives that they barely have any time to squeeze in hanging out with me. I always wish I had like one good friend to see all the time so I wouldn't have to be so alone. I also enjoy some alone time, but too much gets to me after awhile. I like listening to the radio and talking online helps me pass the lonely time. :) I hope you have a really great spring break and have fun catching up with old friends, it sounds like a great time! enjoy it :D

Timeless said:
Just_Some_Dude said:

Haha thx i like meeting new people and getting to know them. Ill be sure ro drop you pm when i need someone to talk to.

yah, do that. i will probably annoy you, but i will be glad to talk! :D

RebeccaSarah33 said:
aww Timeless I know how that feels :( I spend alot of time doing 'stuff' but so much of it is spent so alone. I get really lonely barely ever seeing anyone. I live at home with my parents but I barely ever see them at all, it feels like I live alone. I go out and do activities and exercise alone, most days at work I spend much of my shift alone. The people I hang out with most are related and are so busy with thier own lives that they barely have any time to squeeze in hanging out with me. I always wish I had like one good friend to see all the time so I wouldn't have to be so alone. I also enjoy some alone time, but too much gets to me after awhile. I like listening to the radio and talking online helps me pass the lonely time. :) I hope you have a really great spring break and have fun catching up with old friends, it sounds like a great time! enjoy it :D
Thanks for the reply.

Its sad that there's so many people alone. If we all got together than it'd fix alot everyones problem. Too bad we're all far apart from each other, but at least we can still talk online with each other to make it that much better.

Latest posts

Back