Am I Paranoid?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toshy.

Reaction score
Theres this guy I've been dating for about a month now but we've been out before. We have little arguments quite abit now because I feel like he doesnt love me as much anymore because of our past.

He says he loves me and that I'm beautiful online but when it comes to irl he doesnt really. We skype a few times, but most of the time I'm asking him if he wants to talk on skype, he never asks me ever or never calls me... it would be nice if he did.

I've told him about this before saying I wish you'd call more and talk more on skype. This has been one of our arguments before and since then he hasnt changed. I feel like he doesnt love or care for me as much anymore. When we do talk he mostly makes sarcastic comments that can be mean sometimes and it hurts even if he does say joking. If I dont talk on skype then it's all silent so I have to keep the converstion going -.-

I really love this guy but it hurts and I dont know what to do. Should I stay and talk to him about it and hope he'll change yet again? or Should I just leave, move on?

You could ask him directly. That's usually a good idea when in doubt, in fact.

I've asked him directly before though, and all I get is I do love I do care about you but nothing changes :(

It's only been a month. It's hard to believe that you guys are "in love" after only a month. What does your past together involve? He might just want some breathing room. It sounds like you could be a little too clingy. However, if you really feel like you aren't getting what you want, and he isn't planning on changing, and you aren't planning on changing, then you just have to look for someone else.

kamya said:
It's only been a month. It's hard to believe that you guys are "in love" after only a month. What does your past together involve? He might just want some breathing room. It sounds like you could be a little too clingy. However, if you really feel like you aren't getting what you want, and he isn't planning on changing, and you aren't planning on changing, then you just have to look for someone else.

Well, we dated before for about three months before, and our past involves... well I didnt want to tell my friend we were dating because I felt like she would tease me because she's done that before when I dated other guys. so, I told him not to tell anyone we're dating just so she didnt find out, anyways my friend eventually found out and I told her I wasnt really dating him it was a joke then she told my boyfriend and I told him yes it was a joke. It was either my best friend or boyfriend? After a few days I couldnt take it anymore I really liked this guy so I told him the whole story and how it wasnt a joke honestly.

I guess I kinda understand why he wouldnt trust me much anymore and love me as much because I did hurt him and fresia things up, but he said hes gotten over it now. Maybe I am too clingy but It's hard when he said he'll change but never does. I really still do like him.. but I cant wait forever for change I suppose.

You can't force someone to change because you want them to, or to be what you want them to be. He could be just shy about saying it out loud or nervous to be on skype, like if someone catches him or might make crude jokes about it.

I agree with what Kamya said, I knew a girl like that and it quickly became very annoying. Women need to learn that you can't push a man into doing what you expect or want them to do. We have to do it on our own, the more you push or ***** about it the more we will object and wall you off.

Loving someone is learning to accept who they are, not trying to make them do something they don't want to do, or forcing change just to suit your needs. You have to learn to cooperate together and find a common ground. You've only been together for a month, slow the heck down, you could be overwhelming him.

My ex always told me she wished I would call her more. Problem is that she never gave me the chance too. When we were together I could almost time my watch by her phone calls. There were plenty of times when she would not call me for a day and I would not call her because I needed the down time.

Latest posts

Back