Am I too old for this site?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WishingWell said:
Hello Jilted John! I am 53, I am glad you found this place! I asked the same question awhile back and got the same answers...loneliness strikes all ages! Best of luck to you. I joined in the beginning of January and have never had one negative experience with this Site. There are a lot of people with a lot of good advice. As far as the people that are young on here, I think maybe loneliness makes you mature! They sure have some good things to say! :D

Hello "WishingWell."
Ditto,Ditto,and even more Ditto's.The trouble is it's very addictive isn't it? but it helps a lot with the boredom & loneliness,there, I've managed to say that word.
Kind Regards.
John.;)

Jilted John said:
A new life said:
Jilted John said:
A new life said:
Jilted John,
I'm 7 years younger than you.
I sometimes ask myself the same question.

I think that we mellow with age, and are less likely to post unkind remarks as we get older.
I've had some really nice responses from some on this site, and some private messages as well.
Also blocked one tough-guy know-it-all who I deem to simply be a troll.

One thing this site has that I find useful, is traffic.
I've posted on other sites and weeks went by before the post was even viewed, much less responded to.

Good luck. Enjoy.
Well thank you whippersnapper!
Hope I wasn't the troll was I? :(

Looking at my grey hair in the mirror
and you calling me a "whippersnapper" that's funny.

No you weren't the troll.
I wouldn't have seen your post if you had been.
Once you block-a-troll (I want credit for the phrase "block-a-troll" )
you never have to even see their crazy rants again.

Hello Grey Whippersnapper!
This Blockatroll,is it used orally,anally,or maybe nasally?Either way full credit to you for this ground breaking discovery.:D

It's in the USER CP settings.
If you get stuck the SENILE MODERATOR NAMED "MINUS" can help you.

No John, no! You're not too old. I don't know how many people here are your age, but don't worry about it. I'm 42, I have friends that are in their sixties, and simply put, they kick ass! I'm positive that you have a lot to offer here, and that some of us young folk can offer you something as well.

Gauche said:
No John, no! You're not too old. I don't know how many people here are your age, but don't worry about it. I'm 42, I have friends that are in their sixties, and simply put, they kick ass! I'm positive that you have a lot to offer here, and that some of us young folk can offer you something as well.

Thanks for the reply "Gauche"
42! Young folk? Just kidding, (I'm kicking ass!) I know how many people are of my age on this site,there's one,and it's me! I checked the age ratio thing.There are however five people older than me but they're keeping quiet about it.
You are right, I do have a lot to offer but if you can remember when you were young,would you have listened? I didn't,for some reason I have to learn by my own mistakes.

Regards John.

I was speaking relatively about my age. LOL. But you said in an earlier post that you haven't matured beyond 28. I'm sure you've matured beyond 28, but if you're like me, you don't feel any older in mind, just in body. I didn't listen to my elders when I was younger either, but now I'm at the age where I greatly value the entire range from youth to the elderly and what they have to offer me. If we can't learn from people different from us then we are lost in ourselves. The whole age thing is illusion, I just went to see French techo-pop artist Yelle the other night...something that many might see as music for the "young". There were people there in their seventies, and one middle aged couple dancing awkwardly with their daughter of less than ten. That made my day!

Jilted John said:
Gauche said:

42! Young folk? Just kidding, (I'm kicking ass!) I know how many people are of my age on this site,there's one,and it's me! I checked the age ratio thing.There are however five people older than me but they're keeping quiet about it.
You are right, I do have a lot to offer but if you can remember when you were young,would you have listened? I didn't,for some reason I have to learn by my own mistakes.

Regards John.

Gauche said:
I was speaking relatively about my age. LOL. But you said in an earlier post that you haven't matured beyond 28. I'm sure you've matured beyond 28, but if you're like me, you don't feel any older in mind, just in body. I didn't listen to my elders when I was younger either, but now I'm at the age where I greatly value the entire range from youth to the elderly and what they have to offer me. If we can't learn from people different from us then we are lost in ourselves. The whole age thing is illusion, I just went to see French techo-pop artist Yelle the other night...something that many might see as music for the "young". There were people there in their seventies, and one middle aged couple dancing awkwardly with their daughter of less than ten. That made my day!

Jilted John said:
Gauche said:

Regards John.

Em,I did actually mean 28 as in inside my head,you really don't want to see the outside bit.I love techno,Kraftwerk,Coldplay,Ministry of Sound etc.( I know it's old stuff,but it counts.)

Jilted John said:
... I know how many people are of my age on this site,there's one,and it's me! I checked the age ratio thing.There are however five people older than me but they're keeping quiet about it. ...

That is just those that chose to respond to the poll. I have directed many more than that there.

Minus said:
Jilted John said:
... I know how many people are of my age on this site,there's one,and it's me! I checked the age ratio thing.There are however five people older than me but they're keeping quiet about it. ...

That is just those that chose to respond to the poll. I have directed many more than that there.

Sorry, I'll shut up then.
Aren't you supposed to be in Chicago?(I told the boys and they said "Em, we don't do Chicago boss" so I fired em, whimps!:cool:

Age is only a number in my books. Besides helping each other out or just being the shoulder to cry on (so to speak) and sharing wisdom and experience is what counts. :)

Wow Misa,Muse,you must have been trawling the oldies to bump this one! I started this thread just after I joined,but it was interesting reading it through,and realising how far forward I've come.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back