Americans … tiny homes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
Hey Americans quick question, would any of you live in a tiny home? I am hooked on the youtube tours lollz

Yes. I lived in my truck for the last three months of last year while I built a tiny home for myself, about 300sf. My prior for the previous 10 years was about the same size. I MUCH rather live in a small/tiny home. I lived in a 2200sf house by myself for a few years and I hated it for so many reasons. All the room made me feel lonely and like I should try to fill it up with crap.

Yes. I lived in my truck for the last three months of last year while I built a tiny home for myself, about 300sf. My prior for the previous 10 years was about the same size. I MUCH rather live in a small/tiny home. I lived in a 2200sf house by myself for a few years and I hated it for so many reasons. All the room made me feel lonely and like I should try to fill it up with crap.
Yikes! I really want one they are so in style right now, must have been hell living in your truck while it was being built though, do you like the area you are pitched in?

Would I? Yes, if I had to, but I wouldn't like it. I like having space and the kitchen....well, I like to use more than an easy bake oven. Lol
I feel like i’d have one to test my eye in interior design but not because id wanna live in one as im not really a minimalist, i was hearing that the investment is good because its financially cheaper but still seems highly priced for a such a small build and no land ownership.

I had a tiny Florida farmhouse. Then we built on to it. Now I'm not fond of the space too much cleaning.
Thats amazing !! We are opposite day, having a house bigger than my parents was my dream lol I can finally say I do but its a victorian house lol so im like gonna redesign the whole thing.

If I could afford it, I'd live in an RV or a mobile home.
I love travelling.
Plus, it's a big 🖕to property taxes, mortgages and rent.
Only trouble is that I'm not THAT mechanically inclined. Those things are difficult to do repairs on.

If I could afford it, I'd live in an RV or a mobile home.
I love travelling.
Plus, it's a big 🖕to property taxes, mortgages and rent.
Only trouble is that I'm not THAT mechanically inclined. Those things are difficult to do repairs on.
I never thought about thisssss I guess you would need to understand a little about the mechanics. So you think its cheaper to have the tiny home ?

I never thought about thisssss I guess you would need to understand a little about the mechanics. So you think its cheaper to have the tiny home ?

Eeehh, it depends on who makes it etc.
America is weird like that, companies matter here.
Kind of, yes, it should be cheaper, but also that's not entirely true by brand.

Eeehh, it depends on who makes it etc.
America is weird like that, companies matter here.
Kind of, yes, it should be cheaper, but also that's not entirely true by brand.
I have seen some cheaper ones but I hate the fact that you have to pay rent on where you pitch, id rather just own the land lol

I have seen some cheaper ones but I hate the fact that you have to pay rent on where you pitch, id rather just own the land lol

Okay so the best way to explain it, is by fashion, actually.
On average you can get a pair of jeans here for like $30 - $40.
But there's designer stores who sell jeans for $200.
With the only difference being the brand name. 🤷‍♂️ :cautious:
That's honestly the main thing I hate about America.
I'll take a kick to the balls before I pay $200 for the exact same jeans that I can get for $35.
Marketing in this country is messed up in terms of business.
Companies try to market and cater to the wealthy, without realizing that uuhhh, the reason that the wealthy are wealthy, is because they don't spend their money like a derp. 🤦‍♂️😂

Okay so the best way to explain it, is by fashion, actually.
On average you can get a pair of jeans here for like $30 - $40.
But there's designer stores who sell jeans for $200.
With the only difference being the brand name. 🤷‍♂️ :cautious:
That's honestly the main thing I hate about America.
I'll take a kick to the balls before I pay $200 for the exact same jeans that I can get for $35.
Marketing in this country is messed up in terms of business.
Companies try to market and cater to the wealthy, without realizing that uuhhh, the reason that the wealthy are wealthy, is because they don't spend their money like a derp. 🤦‍♂️😂
Lool wahh, you dont like any luxury brands at all??? 😱

I live in the Kootenay region of B.C. Tiny homes are popular here. In fact, I just wrote an article on the subject with a co-worker. There are at least 5 tiny homes builders just in our region, plus lots of Airbnb rentals and Canada's first tiny home hotel. Some of the interiors are amazing! For myself, I would never want to live in one - too small, I like my space. But this region attracts a LOT of outdoor enthusiasts, so if you're not home much and love spending lots of time outdoors, I can see the appeal of a tiny home.

Send me a message if you're interested in reading the article - I'll send the link privately. Call me paranoid, but I'm uncomfortable posting the link on a public forum. 😁

I live in the Kootenay region of B.C. Tiny homes are popular here. In fact, I just wrote an article on the subject with a co-worker. There are at least 5 tiny homes builders just in our region, plus lots of Airbnb rentals and Canada's first tiny home hotel. Some of the interiors are amazing! For myself, I would never want to live in one - too small, I like my space. But this region attracts a LOT of outdoor enthusiasts, so if you're not home much and love spending lots of time outdoors, I can see the appeal of a tiny home.

Send me a message if you're interested in reading the article - I'll send the link privately. Call me paranoid, but I'm uncomfortable posting the link on a public forum. 😁
Would you ever vacation in a tiny home? I will deffo pm yaa sounds amazing 😇

Latest posts

Back