Amy Winehouse found dead

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadness. I admit, as troubled as she was, I didn't think that it'll end like this.

unfortunately given her drug history im sorry to say this was very much expected, it is very sad maybe because of her recent concert woes

People will blame the drugs but they were just the wrong solution to difficult problems which already existed. Her trouble ran deep, from her behaviour it seems very likely that she had some form of bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder. Left untreated the drugs would have only worsened it.

I don’t believe she was just a normal person who got hooked on junk. So in that case I wonder if she ended up self medicating / self harming with drugs and alcohol to ease here mental problems as so many do.

She sang “I Go back To Black”. I think that line in that depressing song said it all.

I personally am very sorry she did not get it together. I was hoping for her to return with this amazing album and blow the likes of Duffy the hell off her bandwagon and back to whatever branch of TK Max they came from.

What a waste, can't say I'm surprised, though. She said in an interview once that she was manic depressive but refused to take medication for it. Her troubles are done now, I feel sorry for her family.

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
What a waste, can't say I'm surprised, though. She said in an interview once that she was manic depressive but refused to take medication for it. Her troubles are done now, I feel sorry for her family.

Teresa

I did not know she had said she was manic depressive. That explains it all. Problem is I can totally see why she would not want to take the meds for it. The pills they offer you are some nasty honeysuckle. Some side effects mentioned on Bipolar meds are “a life threatening skin rash” where you skin peels off your body, there is one that can give you herpes, others fresia you liver up, others fresia you brain up. The so called treatments for bipolar may help that illness but they fresia your body up in other ways.

They were trying to get me to take lamictal (the drug that makes your skin peel off). But I can identify with Amy because I’m sat here now drinking a can of Stella lager. it’s the only medication that works for this illness.

I can imagine every pain I have felt she too felt. Perhaps more so. Well certainly more so because she killed her self I have not.

She had it coming, but it is of course still sad when it happens.

I find it sad that there's a lot more people in this world who are more upset about Amy Winehouse's death (it was blatantly her own fault) than the 91 Norwegians who died.

Agreed with hellomiko.

Yes, Winehouse's passing is very sad and my sympathies are there for her friends and family...

but 91 people killed.... some of whom were children....

So my main contemporary-news based-thoughts, are with Oslo - news coverage is on 24/7 at my work and I was just watching it today like.... how! and WHY?!

Meh ¬_¬.

Annnnnnd... bi-polar meds are no two in a pod. I've tried 5 different types and have had no skin reactions, but I'm sorry to hear of yours, cumulus.

One thing I found of interest, was in an article I read it said that she spat at Pippa Middleton. In the odd way that my brain thinks, it made me wonder, as PM was one of the last few women to be covered largely in the media.

Small... world?

I don't know. I'm not personally affected, but the sadness of the news at the moment is making me feel very down. I read two papers every day, and as I mentioned, the news is always on at work/talked about.

It's very sad. The world is very sad.

You know, I do find it strange that so many people seem upset over her death. It's sad, don't get me wrong, but, it just strikes me as odd.

I didn't know who she was and had to look her up. To my knowledge, the only one of her songs I ever heard was Rehab, and I never listened to it all of the way through.

Latest posts

Back